Magento Forum

Can’t Get Rid of Cached Images

dt1760

Total Posts:  19

Hello, we are having a different type of image caching issue I am hoping someone can help with.  When we upload new product images using the admin, the updated images won’t display in the frontend.  I have tried to disable all cache settings, clear image cache, refresh settings, manually delete the cached images from the server, but nothing seems to get rid of the cached images.  What am I missing??  Client is trying to upload new images on a live site and is getting very frustrated..

Thanks,

DT

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have recently encountered similar problem in IE. FF and Chrome are fine. It can be resolved by clearing the browser’s cache, in IE, press ctrl+shift+delete, and click on the Delete button.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dt1760

Thanks for your feedback, however this is not a browser cache issue.  I wish it were.  That was the first thing I tried.  I have opened the page in a variety of different browsers for the first time and am still seeing the old images. 

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

DT

Magento Community
Magento Community

tvercruysse

Total Posts:  14
Toulouse, France

Is the uploaded image visible in the back-office?
Have you tried removing the following cache folder from the server: media/catalog/product/cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dt1760

tvercruysse - 14 January 2010 01:33 PM

Is the uploaded image visible in the back-office?
Have you tried removing the following cache folder from the server: media/catalog/product/cache?

Yes, the uploaded image is visible in the back-office and yes, I have tried to remove the file from the cache.  VIA FTP I can access the cache directory media/catalog/product/cache/ and delete the contents, but when I navigate back to the same directory the same cache files show up. 

Thanks,

DT

Magento Community
Magento Community

tvercruysse

Total Posts:  14
Toulouse, France

The same thing happened to one of my clients recently the solution was augmenting the php memory limit in the .htaccess, maybe you can give it a shot.

php_value memory_limit 512M

Cheers,

Thierry.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edimensional

Total Posts:  11

Anyone figured out a solution? I have the same issue, cleared all cache in Magento but certain images just won’t refresh after I update them no matter what I do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andywoolley

Total Posts:  1

I’m also getting this problem of a cached image not being updated and I to have tried everything I can think of.

1. change of image
2. flush the cache management
3. clear IE and FF brower caches

Any help - gratefully received.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community