Magento Forum

how to customize the amount of chars to truncate in attribute fields

ralphie

Total Posts:  59
London

i have a fresh 1.0.19700 installation and somehow magento cuts description and short desc of products after a couple of words and adds ...cut… at the end. how can the value be adjusted to allow longer text, and why is it cut in the admin already anyway?

anyone some insight here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

it actually also cuts off in the same manner in the html head area (for meta keywords and description). really dont understand.. starting to wonder if this is rather a bug than a feature?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GodRJa

Total Posts:  22

I have a fresh installation of 1.0.19700, but there is no such issue. If you would describe exact steps you do, I could try to reproduce it in my installation to see if it is a bug or just an issue with your configuration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

thanks for reply GodRJa. well all i did really is i installed it and the behavior as described was present like that. i also installed another instance of magento with demo data, just the same behavior. it cuts my text area contents after 90 chars and adds ...cut… really weird..

and i actually have the displayed text (90chars of what i entered and then ...cut… in my database field..

Magento Community
Magento Community

GodRJa

Total Posts:  22

I’ve tried to enter long text for simple product in short description and description fields, no problems appeared. Is you server hosted on windows or linux platform?

I’m using latest ubuntu dist with apache 2, mysql 5 and php 5. Just unzipped magento installation files in /var/www/magento folder and made a default web based install procedure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

linux.. debian with apache php5/mysql5 really puzzles me

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

i still suffer from this problem. does it only happen to me? does anybody have an idea where that could come from?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

the problem is solved for me. something withing the zend platform seems to have caused it. after disabling zend plattform all works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community