Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Additions to checkout page (order comments & agreement on sales terms)

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

What page did you modify to do this? one could simply change the name of an unneeded field like fax to comments and raise the max allowed characters.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

Total Posts:  21

I had to make minor changes in:

filesystem/var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/etc/config.xml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/locale/en_US/translate.csv
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/shipping.phtml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/address/edit.phtml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/form/address.phtml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/order/details.phtml
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv
filesystem/var/www/magento/app/locale/en_US/Mage_Customer.csv

The problem with modifying fax to be a comments field is that fax is set up to be part of a customer’s address info (billing and shipping).  So it wouldn’t act as an order comments field.  For that, you’d need to add the code to produce a comments box on the order page, then add a field to the MySQL table that stores order info and alter the code that saves order info to read the text in your comments box and save it.  Then, in order to see the comments, you’d need to make your order view page look for that extra field and populate it on the screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TanRambun

Total Posts:  93
Bangkok, Thailand

Tomislav Bilic - 28 January 2009 12:07 AM

So, did anybody found a way that an user enters comment during checkout?

Hi Tomislav Bilic,

dont know if this meets your needs, but you could take a look at my explanations in this thread:
How to add a order comment on cutomer checkout?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

I’m also interested in a field at checkout where customer can enter a comment....

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello everyone! We have just released our Checkout Fields Manager for Magento. It allows you to add fields to virtually any checkout step. With it you can collect all additional info you might need from your customers. It supports many input types supported: text field, text area, dropdown, date, etc. See detailes at Magento Connect http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1037/checkout-fields-manager or our website http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_checkoutfieldsmanager.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

TanRambun

Total Posts:  93
Bangkok, Thailand

Aitoc - 20 March 2009 04:42 AM

We have just released our Checkout Fields Manager for Magento. It allows you to add fields to virtually any checkout step. With it you can collect all additional info you might need from your customers. It supports many input types supported: text field, text area, dropdown, date, etc.

Wow, this sounds very interesting. Those people just needing to get customer order comments can also take a look at the first release of my community-extension Customer Order Comment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Commanderbob

Total Posts:  61

I posted a way to add a comment box to the checkout page on your site. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/55359/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Another way to add a comment to the checkout page is to install Delivery Date extension.  It allows customers to select preferable delivery date AND leave a comment. The module is paid, however it comes with a user manual and high-quality free email support, profession instantiation available upon request.  Live demo is here: http://demo.adjustware.com/

Unlike modules from the competitors, you can show delivery date (and comment if needed) in the admin > sales grid, in emails, use with magento API and etc,
as well as use advanced validation rules if needed (exclude holidays, weekends, etc).

p.s.  sorry for the advertisement

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

An there is one more full-featured extension for adding any fields to the checkout, including delivery date and comments. Is the Order Attributes module. The fields available in the e-mail templates and works as native fields

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

By the way, what extension full fill the community needs in the best way and why ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ela The Prince

Total Posts:  2

Hello..
I have to need the Checkout box is placed in my product page (near Add to cart)..I tried a lot of time by editing the addtocart.phtml file .In that i create checkout button and give a checkout link for that button.it shows the button only.The link didnt work.Can any one help me please...Its my addtocart.phtml file…

<?php $_product $this->getProduct() ?>

<?php 
if($_product->isSaleable()): ?>

<div class="add-to-cart">

<?php if(!$_product->isGrouped()): ?>

<?php 
endif; ?>

<button type="button" title="<?php echo $this->__('Add to Cart') ?>" class="button btn-cart" onclick="productAddToCartForm.submit()"><span><span><?php echo $this->__('Add to Cart'?></span></span></button>
        <
button type="button" title="<?php echo $this->__('Checkout') ?>" class="button btn-checkout"
onclick="[removed]='<?php echo $this->getCheckoutUrl() ?>';"><span><span><?php echo $this->__('Checkout'?></span></span></button
        <?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml(''truetrue?>

</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello guys,

If you need any checkout page customizations, please, contact our team on gomage site.

Also we can advise you our LightCheckout extension:

http://www.gomage.com/extensions/gomage-lightcheckout.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

ScommerceMage

Total Posts:  103
United Kingdom

This extension will do the job Delivery Instruction Module

it comes with the following features -:

- Delivery Instruction or order comment input field comes during checkout

- Title of \’Delivery Instructions\’ label and maximum character count of delivery instructions can be managed via admin

- Delivery instruction information gets stored with the transaction which can be viewed against order/invoice/shipment/refund in admin

- Delivery instruction\’s input field also available at the time of phone order creation from admin

- Delivery instruction input field doesn\’t appear on checkout for downloadable or virtual products as expected

- This module can be completely disabled whenever required via system configuration in admin

Kind Regards
Scommerce Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community

vikas_rao

Total Posts:  57

Hi,

How to add comment box and \"submit button\” under shipping method in magento.

please visit http://steel.newtrendzonline.com/

please \"Add to cart\” some products, after go for checkout . In checkout page, in 3rd step 3) Shipping Method,

we added the comment box, but below \"SUBMIT button\” is not working.

The same code for \"submit button\” , which we used in \"Contact form page\” is working.

[mails are sending to contacts \"e-mail\"] . But the \"submit\" button code\” is not working

under 3)Shipping method in Checkout. [mails are not sending to contacts \"e-mail\"].

please give me the solution.

I also checked extension \"http://magebase.com/magento-extensions/free-magento-extension-customer-comments-in-the-checkout/ \”

I am getting \"connect error -unsupported resource type\”.

please give extension key or please give me some other solution.

Thanks in Advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

One more useful and robust solution is the ORDER DELIVERY DATE / INSTRUCTIONS extension. On the shipping method selection step it will offer you to specify the preferable delivery day, time and add some custom notes. At the same time, the admin can disable some specific delivery days and times.

Feel free to check.
Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2