Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalogue discount to custom options

chris2224

Total Posts:  6

Have searched the board and either I am searching the wrong thing, or this hasn’t come up before.

A small site with 10 products - price for example of $20
Each product has 2 additional custom options, increasing the price - so now have:
$20
$20 + $10
$20 + $30

I set up a catalog rule to discount by 10%, but the discount is applied to only the base product:

$18
$18 + $10
$18 + $30

I want the 10% off the total ($20 + $30 = $50 less 10% = $45)

Have tried lots of options in terms of adjusting the sku, but I am either missing something basic, or this can’t be done. Would prefer not to use cart rules since I want the customer to be able to see discount before they get to the cart and apply a coupon.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Senator

Total Posts:  37

I totally agree.  How the heck do I apply discounts to an item after custom options have been selected (i.e. in the cart?)

The thing is, I understand that you couldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’t possibly apply a discount until the custom options were chosen - so that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s fine.  The \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’basic\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’ price (before custom options) should reflect, say, that 10% discount.  However, once it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s been added to the cart, I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’d like that line item to represent the discounted price, and to apply the discount to the whole price after custom items have been selected. 

I resolved this - in a way - by applying the discount rule to the cart… but it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s an inelegant solution and doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’t allow me to apply the discounts to individual sale items, customized/configurable items, etc. 

Any solutions to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

seranting

Total Posts:  3

Any solution to solve this problem?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community