Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect -Check for updates- problem

Auke_magento

Total Posts:  4

Hi!

I’ ve duplicated one webshop to another (URL1=>URL2) and have a problem that is causing serious brain damage…
What works:
- Index
- Admin
- magento connect (most of it)

What does not work:
- “Check for Upgrades” in Magento Connect.

I do not understand why because the “uninstall” or “ reinstall” options of single packages in Magento connect do work.

This is the error I’m receiving:

xception caught:

Warningin_array() [function.in-array]Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php on line 671

Backtrace
:

#0 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php(671): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'in_array() [listLatestUpgrades('stable', false)
#2 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Remote->doListUpgrades('http://pear.php...', 'stable', Array, 'pear.php.net', Object(Maged_Pear_Registry))
#3 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#4 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(100): Maged_Pear->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#5 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/template/pear/packages.phtml(49): Maged_Model_Pear->getAllPackages('list-upgrades', Array)
#6 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/View.php(59): include('/home/spelen/do...')
#7 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(113): Maged_View->template()
#8 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(355): Maged_Controller->pearPackagesAction('pear/packages.p...')
#9 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(170): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#10 /home/spelen/domains/domain.nl/public_html/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#11 {main}

Sindre suggest using Putty to check where the problems are (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24393/):

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

Unfortunately I get a strange error again:

[username@srv2 public_html]$ ./pear install  magento-core/Mage_All_Latest
Attempting to discover channel 
"magento-core"...
unknown channel "magento-core" in "magento-core/Mage_All_Latest"
invalid package name/package file "magento-core/Mage_All_Latest"
Cannot initialize 'magento-core/Mage_All_Latest'invalid or missing package file
Package 
"magento-core/Mage_All_Latest" is not valid
install failed
[username
@srv2 public_html]$

I really hope somebody can help me here, because it’s my last error before I can start with my new webshop. I spent to much hours/days on the duplication already to stop now!

Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Just copying a Magento site to a different location might not work as the pear configuration file defines the paths where the Magento Connect Manager should look for extensions, download packages, etc. If you just copy it, the paths will likely point to the wrong location. The exception you got indicates that some of the files are not up to date/corrupt. It is hard to tell the exact reason for this problem without access to your server.

You can try the following:

- Delete file “downloader/pearlib/pear.ini”
- Run the following SSH commands from the root directory of your store:

./pear mage-setup .
./
pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

This should generate a new pear.ini with the correct paths at least. If that doesn’t work, you can try replacing the file /home/[..]/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php with a fresh one from the Magento installation package.

Btw; are you sure the “Check for Upgrades” button does not generate the same error on the original site as well? You might want to attempt a clean install just to make sure it is not a server issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Auke_magento

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for you answer, but it does not seem to work. The first time I got some errors (about versions) I cannot remember the second time shows this:

Ignoring installed package magento-core_Mage_All_Latest
Nothing to install

A new pear.ini file was not created so I put a “fresh-one” there.

I also tried to replace 10.php for a “fresh-one” It only changed the row in which the error was created.

It is installed to a new server, but it’s from the same hosting provider, so I do not see what could be wrong.

Any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

xinhaozheng

Total Posts:  107

Thanks.solve my prob.

Magento Community
Magento Community

teepu66

Total Posts:  1

i read your post you are facing some damages i think i can help you to make it right premium magento themes just visit them they can help you well

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community