Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Move >Attributes Block from Product View to catalog list

c509

Total Posts:  34

HI out there,

i am trying to move the Attributes block, which is declared AS ADDITIONAL from the Product view to every product getting listet in the categories.

I took the following steps.

1) Copied

<block type="catalog/product_view_attributes" name="product.attributes" as="additional" template="catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml"/>

from the catalog.xml, “Product View” Chapter to the “Category default layout” Chapter within the

<block type="catalog/product_list" name="product_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">
block.

2) Copied

<?php if ($_additional $this->getChildHtml('additional')):?>

<div class="collateral-box">
                <
div class="head">
                    <
h4><?php echo $this->__('Additional Information'?></h4>
                </
div>

<?php echo $_additional ?>

</div>

<?php endif;?>
from view.phtml to the list.phtml, right before the short description.

Trying that i receive an error
Fatal error: Call to a member function getAttributes() on a non-object in D:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Block\Product\View\Attributes.php on line 58

I know that in the attributes.phtml there is a call using the object “$_product” - but product should defined.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

c509

Total Posts:  34

please - someone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community