Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Adding products to cart takes a long time

Stromberg

Total Posts:  46
Hessen, Germany

hi,

after upgrading to .19700 i have the same problem with very very slow adding to cart!
Didn’t have this problem before....so i don’t think it’s caused by the DB!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I think that maybe it is better a fresh installation, take a look

http://www.ecobabybusiness.com/shop/index.php/root-ecobaby

this is the best installation I have

8 seconds to add to cart

Magento Community
Magento Community

himmelbub

Total Posts:  3

I have the same problem on my installation.
I have installed APC and i noticed much better speed performance but
when i click Add to cart or My Cart it takes about 20 sec to get result

The problem seams to bee in acces to app folder

according to information from my profiler it seams to be problem with acces to app folder
it takes about 20 sec in my case

look on my attachment ...

Image Attachments
proffiler.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I have 2 and 3 seconds to add to cart take a look

it seems that add to cart from grid view is more fast then view product page

Image Attachments
00001.JPG0002.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

sino

Total Posts:  34

Stromberg - 01 May 2008 12:42 AM

hi,

after upgrading to .19700 i have the same problem with very very slow adding to cart!
Didn’t have this problem before....so i don’t think it’s caused by the DB!!

I guess that also rules out your hosting, since you didnt have that problem before, just like a few others here, In my case the problem has been there since day one, tried just about everything, even a local machine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

galiyosha

Total Posts:  1

I had a very similar issue. Whole shop was really unresponsive, cart manipulation being especially slow—any operation took more or less 30(!) seconds. Inadequate computing power was out of question—this was on a dedicated dual-core Xeon server.

Profiling the application with Xdebug showed that massive amount of time was spent on fclose() calls. I’ve seen 1506(!) fclose() calls in one request. The Zend_Cache_Backend_File and XFS filesystem obviously did not go very well together. Moving the cache directory to a tmpfs volume reduced the time needed for cart operations tenfold.

It would be really useful if the Zend_Cache_Backend_Memcached or Zend_Cache_Backend_APC could be used instead.

Anyone experiencing similar issues, try checking the filesystem your cache is on and moving it someplace else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

galiyosha - 06 May 2008 07:03 AM

It would be really useful if the Zend_Cache_Backend_Memcached or Zend_Cache_Backend_APC could be used instead.

You can give a try to APC cache backend by adding the following in your local.xml into the global section:

<global>
        <
cache>
            <
backend>apc</backend>
            <
prefix>alphanumeric</prefix>
        </
cache>
    </global>

prefix should be unique for each Magento installation, if you have multiple ones.
It is strongly recommended to upgrade to 1.0.19870 as a few non-file cache backend bugs were fixed there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

How does it affect the performance, if you disable EAV cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

chiaraweb - 01 May 2008 02:55 AM

I have 2 and 3 seconds to add to cart take a look

it seems that add to cart from grid view is more fast then view product page

Are you addnig up all the values in the Time column, or just looking at the value for App? You need to add all of the values up to get the full page load time.

Remember though, the profiler actually adds time to how long a page loads, normally the store loads (at least for me when I ran this test) up a second faster, and then add to cart 2-3 seconds less.

Image Attachments
profiler.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

jan212
Guru

Total Posts:  407

<cache>
            <
backend>apc</backend>
            <
prefix>alphanumeric</prefix>
        </
cache>

causes

Fatal errorUncaught exception 'Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception' in /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1049 Stack trace#0 /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(541): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/app/Mage.php(583): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore() #2 /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/app/Mage.php(445): Mage::printException(Object(Zend_Cache_Exception)) #3 /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/index.php(40): Mage::run('default') #4 {main} thrown in /srv/www/vhosts/saintgeorges24.de/httpdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1049

I’m using magento 1.0.19870.1…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Troy Brown

Total Posts:  14

There is definitely something up with the new version. I have an older version(1.0.19870) of magento installed on one site and can use it with no problems at all. I just installed the newest version and am getting roughly 30 seconds for cart additions, etc. The host on the ladder is actually faster and better than the host on the former. Plus, the wiki, and wordpress that is on ladder performs just as fast as on the former so it’s not the database.

The worst part is, whatever is taking so long with the checkout process.....is making the payment module extension I created not work correctly (not a single file from the extension changed from one server to the next, both were clean installed from magento-connect). hmmm It works great on the old version of magento.

You guys really need to take a look and find out what is going on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Troy Brown

I did notice that when I try and drop the tables to clear out the database (putting the old version on the other server for testing), it errors on the table eav_attribute_set. I have to run the drop tables query 4 times to clear out all the tables. So there could be some issue there that is causing everyones page loads take long time when it tries to query something from that table.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jan212
Guru

Total Posts:  407

It seems like these problems are fixed in 1.1 Alpha…

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

Moshe - 14 May 2008 03:44 PM

How does it affect the performance, if you disable EAV cache?

Wow, I just tried disabling that and the site is smoking fast now. Well, not really, but it is taking about half as long to load stuff overall (so about 3 seconds max including checkout pages, 1.5 seconds for overall site average)

What is EAV cache and what is the benefit of having it enabled?
edit: I read up on it, and it seems to have to do with database structuring. If its faster to have it off, is there any downside, like increased traffic usage, or anything?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Troy Brown

How do you disable that? I didn’t see it anywhere in the admin panel.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3