Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create store admin account

WardL

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

I’m currently using magento community edition 1.3.2.4. What I want to do is the following:

Create a user account that can:
- Manage products
- get orders information
- handle invoices etc

This all worked like a charm, but the problem is that a user can see all store views in magento. Can I create a restriction on users and what stores they can see or not ?

I know it is in the enterprise edition but is there any way to get this behaviour in the community edition?

Thanks !
Ward

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hi Ward,

you can do it using AITOC’s Advanced Permissions extension. Here you may find more info about how the extension works: http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_advanced_permissions.html
Hope it helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

WardL

Total Posts:  10

* Arent there any <b>free</b> modules ?

* Does anybody knows how difficult it would be to program this myself ?

*And the paying module ... I need to bu sure I get updates and when I upgrade magento nothing breaks etc…

Magento Community
Magento Community

stromee

Total Posts:  1

This is exactly what I needed.  Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community