Magento Forum

Loyalty Discounts

jrochman

Total Posts:  24

I do not think this is currently possible, but I believe it would be a great feature.  The ability to do discounts based on the amount a customer has spent with your store over time.

For example:

Customer has spent X dollars over the past Y amount of time from today.  They get a Z% discount.

I know a common example of this is in the wine industry, and requires a little more flexibility.  In the wine industry, they usually do loyalty based on the amount of cases of wine over a set period of time.  That would be generalized as:

Customer has bought X quantity of item (or items from a category for flexibility) over the past Y amount of time from today.  They get Z% discount.

I am sure it could be made more flexible, but this is just to get the ideas started and flowing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

I think we were talking about this back when we did a Campfire chat, before Magento was released.  I think this is a great idea as well.  Not sure if it’ll be possible through the current discount system, but an extension shouldn’t be too difficult for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jrochman

The current discount system is already so flexible.  I just felt that it could be made more flexible by adding these variables as part of the core.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jrochman

Is this possible with the current discount rules?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sidenjoyslife

Total Posts:  1

tagNpin Social Loyalty Magetno Extension launches the Social Loyalty program across facebook and magento within minutes ( http://www.tagNpin.com ). It also has a free version and ready to fill rewards catalogue option.--> http://bit.ly/QRxrjs

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3803

Hi there, now you can try the Loyalty Program extension that enables you launch numerous loyalty campaigns providing customers with the targeted discounts based on their purchase history, customer and cart attributes as well as on order subselection.

With this module you can easily launch as many programs as you want carefully adjusting them to the needs of different target audience types.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community