Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

noob Magento/ecommerce question

zspliff

Total Posts:  1

Hi folks, so a noob question that may have been asked before, but I’m helping a friend start an eCommerce site for his business, and I’ve never worked with an eCommerce site before. I’m liking Mageento a lot but I’m wondering, How much time will it require from me to set up the Community Edition? Is it as simple as download and setup out of the box or should I expect a considerable amount of time getting things to work? Any info is much appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

If your web hosting environment is fully compatible and optimized for Magento, it should be fairly simple to install it and it should not take much time at all.
Some hosting provider may even have a one-click-installer for Magento Commerce where you can install it easily with a few clicks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R4 Grace

Total Posts:  1
United Kingdom

Wew.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community