Magento Forum

The Climbing Shop has opened ! 

Charles

Total Posts:  73
Belgium

PitchOU,

nice design.

Just one comment on your comment though.

Exporting through the EU is NOT tax-free. In fact there is a system of counterbalancing VAT’s when declaring the VAT.
You absolutely need to declare the VAT, though you recollect it whilst declaring it. It is calles TVA intracommunautaire.
But you are correct to state that the VAT is not shown to the customer.

Gr,
Charles

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Might want to check the site in Opera. Looks like a floated div is not being cleared.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PitchOu

Total Posts:  39
Villeneuve d'Ascq, France

SeL - 06 May 2008 07:01 AM

Hi PitchOu,

Thanks for sharing this information and your files.
Are you ok if i use (and adapt) them to make an community extension for EU tax ?

Yes of course, but it would be nice to mention “The Climbing Shop” in the source code and description of the module on Magento Connect grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

PitchOu

Charles - 08 May 2008 12:06 PM

PitchOU,

nice design.

Just one comment on your comment though.

Exporting through the EU is NOT tax-free. In fact there is a system of counterbalancing VAT’s when declaring the VAT.
You absolutely need to declare the VAT, though you recollect it whilst declaring it. It is calles TVA intracommunautaire.
But you are correct to state that the VAT is not shown to the customer.

Gr,
Charles

The “TVA intracommunautaire” is only available for B2B purchases, it allows to buy products without TVA, the TVA intracommunautaire id must be shown on the invoice.
When exporting to customers in EU we must declare the VAT, outside EU we don’t (export from France to Switzerland for instance). This is the rule for both product and shipping TVA.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MmaxX

Total Posts:  112

I won’t repeat your design is very cute (oh, I did it ?), but I’ve just an advice :

Why haven’t you changed your favicon, for instance with your little house-ahead-mountain logo ?

Is it witting to show you have used Magento ? It’s the single thing I have to upbraid, so…

Long life for The Climbig Shop !

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi everybody,

I’m sorry but i won’t develop the extension i was talking about (EU VAT).
Varien will have a solution for this at the end of june. There’s no good reason to do the work twice smile
And PitchOu’s solution is not easy to adapt and to make configurable and completely integrated to Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jumentfolle

Total Posts:  40

Hello PitCHou,
can you tell me how you did to have a picture as background for your store instead of the usual blue which commes with Magento?
I managed to change the body, the main.bg file, but I can’t find the file with those blue bars, instead of what you have this wood?

Thanks!
Sarah

Magento Community
Magento Community

mmetcalf

Total Posts:  2

PitchOu,

As you already undoubtedly know, fantastic job! It really is inspiring to see such a well put together site on the magento platform.

Did you consider using a larger, fixed image for the body background instead of the smaller tiled and scrolling background?  Perhaps it would be expensive bandwidth wise, but would get rid of the seems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ETM74190

Total Posts:  13
France - Haute Savoie near Chamonix and Geneva

SeL - 20 May 2008 06:05 AM

Hi everybody,

I’m sorry but i won’t develop the extension i was talking about (EU VAT).
Varien will have a solution for this at the end of june. There’s no good reason to do the work twice smile
And PitchOu’s solution is not easy to adapt and to make configurable and completely integrated to Magento.

Hi SeL,

As I can see, you seems really in touch with the Varien Magento Roadmap. Is there a link to find it or you have some secret people you know there to have these informations?

If I understand, all people in EU who want to use EU VAT schemes to sell (B2B) must wait until the end of June to have EU VAT implementation?

Ok, so let’s wait.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

PitchOu

MmaxX : We’ll do it asap, until then we’re proud to promote Magento a little bit wink

SeL : Let’s wait a few weeks then. Hurry shoppers may use our hack until then anyway.

Jumentfolle : The most simple (and adaptative + instructive) way is to install Firefox + Firebug extension. This will allow you to easily display the design properties of all elements on your page, making it easy to identify which files (css, image) are used and need to be modified. It’s really worth it !

mmetcalf : Instead of replacing the background image we planned to adapt it to make the repeating nicer.

Thanks a lot for all your inputs, advices and support !

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

@ETM74190
Take a look at this post:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/29877/

I wish i had secret information from secret people, but i don’t smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

combicart

Total Posts:  31

PitchOu,

How have you implemented the ‘Measurement table’ in the productpage? I think it looks fantastic! Is it just an additional attribute with html code inside?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrroulio

Total Posts:  88
france moselle

Bonjour,

Pitchou, pourrais tu donner plus d’infos sur ton module french tax? Ou et comment le mettre en place?
Est-ce qu’il ne vaut pas mieux attendre la nouvelle mouture fin juin?
merci

Magento Community
Magento Community

PitchOu

rrroulio, logiquement il suffit d’installer le module et de configurer les options par défaut (qui ne proviennent pas du module) dans admin/system_config/edit/section/sales/ :
- Taxe basée sur : Origine de la livraison
- Les prix catalogue incluent les taxes : Oui
- Appliquer les taxes après la remise : Non

Mais il est sûrement plus judicieux d’attendre quelques jours pour utiliser un code “officiel” wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrroulio

Total Posts:  88
france moselle

Pitchou,

Merci, alors j’ai installé le module et dans la foulée, j’ai vérifié les mises à jour de magento.(1.0.19870.4) Du coup je ne sais pas si c’est ton module qui est présent ou celui présent dans les mises à jour. En tout cas, ca fonctionne et c’est providentiel. En fait sans ces options de tva, magento est tout simplemement inutilisable pour une vente aux particuliers, pour mon client en tout ca.
Manque plus qu’un javascript optimisé pour les produits associés (prix réel de l’option au lieu des indigestes + et - qui nous ramenent aux début d’oscommerce) et magento sera vraiment parfait.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community