Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Showing white space in after footer

technomatters

Total Posts:  3

HI All,

I have a problem in my website. http://www.theplrmart.com . getting much white space bellow the footer.

I tried a lot but couldn’t able to traced it out. I hope its a css issue

can anybody check it and help me out.

Regards
Mano

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

It’s caused by your dropdown menu – they are too long.

You really should fix it not for the white space’s sake, but the usability. A dropdown menu like you have now that require scrolling is the worst usable site one could experience, it may be just the only issue your site has, but just this alone, it can kill the rest of the effort you made for your site.

Possible fix:
1. WIder the width of second level, so that each category item uses one line only, this may not solve the problem because you simply have too many categories in a parent category.

2. Make it to the so called mega-menu by making the width much wider, then float the LI to make two categories items stay in one line.

3. Re-work your categories structure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

technomatters

Hi

I am very much thankful to you. Yes, i was thinking that navigation only the reason.

I made some changes to it as per your suggestion. But couldn’t able to delete any of the menu items, since the pages already updated in search engines.

Thanks for your great help. Please look into the site and suggest me if any.

Best Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanhu88

Total Posts:  9

lotusseedsD - 07 January 2010 02:13 AM

It’s caused by your dropdown menu – they are too long.

You really should fix it not for the white space’s sake, but the usability. A dropdown menu like you have now that require scrolling is the worst usable site one could experience, it may be just the only issue your site has, but just this alone, it can kill the rest of the effort you made for your site.

Possible fix:
1. WIder the width of second level, so that each category item uses one line only, this may not solve the problem because you simply have too many categories in a parent category.

2. Make it to the so called mega-menu by making the width much wider, then float the LI to make two categories items stay in one line.

3. Re-work your categories structure.

thanks,it work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jselvam

Total Posts:  11
Trichy

It really works and i found the reason

Magento Community
Magento Community

happydai

I made some changes to it as per your suggestion. But couldn’t able to delete any of the menu items, since the pages already updated in search engines.  wholesale hats wholesale snapbacks wholesale new era

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community