Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free Magento Theme

WebAndPeople

Total Posts:  150

redwagonkidstore - 07 April 2010 03:23 AM

Can someone please tell me how to move the cart from the left hand side to the right hand side of the page?  I’m using the grayscale template.  Thanks

Open this file:
app\design\frontend\default\grayscale\layout\checkout.xml

Change this code

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>simple</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>grouped</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_grouped</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>configurable</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_configurable</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>
To this
<reference name="right">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>simple</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>grouped</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_grouped</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>configurable</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_configurable</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

S0NIC

Total Posts:  28

Thanks for this awesome theme Webandpeople!

ive just got problems with subcategories--
i made one in the admin panel. when i click in navigation in frontend on one of the subcategories there shows off an 400 error.

this is the URL of the subcategory which is automatically generated by the shop and is not working:

http://www.mymagentoshop.de/index.php//jackets.html

<= why double slash?!

and this is the URL i tested which works fine but isnt generated by the shop:

http://www.mymagentoshop.de/index.php/catalog/category/view/s/women/id/7/

i’d be really appreciate your help.
im using magento 1.4.0.1
cache = clean
& all other themes usually work, but i really want to stay on this cool theme grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Erix

Total Posts:  113

Erix - 06 April 2010 01:04 PM

First, thanks for your theme, it is beautiful !!!

Second, on magento 1.4.0.1, the home_page_header_block don’t turn automaticaly. it only turn when we click on right or left arrow…

Have you a solution?

Thanks !

No solution yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

S0NIC - 11 April 2010 04:04 AM

Thanks for this awesome theme Webandpeople!

ive just got problems with subcategories--
i made one in the admin panel. when i click in navigation in frontend on one of the subcategories there shows off an 400 error.

this is the URL of the subcategory which is automatically generated by the shop and is not working:

http://www.mymagentoshop.de/index.php//jackets.html
<= why double slash?!

and this is the URL i tested which works fine but isnt generated by the shop:

http://www.mymagentoshop.de/index.php/catalog/category/view/s/women/id/7/

i’d be really appreciate your help.
im using magento 1.4.0.1
cache = clean
& all other themes usually work, but i really want to stay on this cool theme grin

This is a very strange error and we believe that our theme has nothing to do with it. Sorry we can’t help here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Regarding autosliding in grayscale 1.4 you can check our forum http://web-experiment.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t;=4 we are updating it more often and expect to get it fixed within a week

Magento Community
Magento Community

Krite
Guru

Total Posts:  301

Please help me ! If I want to use the Theme version 1.3.2.4 magento version 1.4.0.0. But how the fix recommended by Eror. Please help me Please ....

Image Attachments
error01.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

diasomie

Total Posts:  2

Thank you for you beautiful theme…
Just one question...:

all my thumbnails product images are distorted.( on the home page and catalog are streched..) Where to change this…
Regards..

Magento Community
Magento Community

OnnoYW

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

Thanks for your great theme!
But i have a question (also send you a mail about that), but maybe it is good to share it with everyone).
At my webshop: (see the attachment)
There is to much space between the Logo at the left, and the search, welcome text and the quick links.
What i want is that that menu (search, welcome text and quick links) goes straight to the top, just like the logo.
But i have looked for hours in the code, style.css, header.phtml and every other file, but i don’t have that knowledge.

So could someone help me?

Many thanks!!

Image Attachments
Afbeelding 11.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Hello Onno,

Please update skin.css (attached)

(skin/frontend/default/grayscale/css)

Also send you a mail 13.04.2010 (check your spam folder).

File Attachments
skin.css  (File Size: 45KB - Downloads: 148)

Magento Community
Magento Community

OnnoYW

Total Posts:  3

Your great!

thank you very much!

One last question, at the demo of you website:
http://web-experiment.info/magento/grayscale/
There is an navigation bar above the slider, can you tell me more about that?
I cannot find a way to activate that.

Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lawz910

Total Posts:  5

Hi,
I had installed the free theme. Thanks a lot! It is nice.
However, I am facing some problems in adding the gallery images. I would like to increase it to 5 images instead of 3 and had edited the codes in CMS/Static Blocks/Home top block

<div id=\"gallerydiv\" name=\"gallerydiv\" class=\"banner\"><a id=\"img1\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a><a id=\"img2\" class=\"main_img\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\" ></a><a id=\"img3\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\"  href=\"/category1.html\" ></a><a id=\"img4\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a><a id=\"img5\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a></div>
<
p><span id=\"nextBtn\" title=\"Next\" onclick=\"initMovement(\'1\')\"> </span> <span id=\"prevBtn\" title=\"Previous\" onclick=\"initMovement(\'-1\')\"> </span></p>

and the skin.css.

#gallerydiv  #img1 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_1.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img2 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_2.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img3 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_3.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img4 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_4.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img5 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_5.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
The outcome is still 3 images instead of 5. Did I left out any other codes which are not edited yet?

Thanks a lot,
Lawz

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

lawz910 - 22 April 2010 11:50 PM

Hi,
I had installed the free theme. Thanks a lot! It is nice.
However, I am facing some problems in adding the gallery images. I would like to increase it to 5 images instead of 3 and had edited the codes in CMS/Static Blocks/Home top block

<div id=\"gallerydiv\" name=\"gallerydiv\" class=\"banner\"><a id=\"img1\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a><a id=\"img2\" class=\"main_img\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\" ></a><a id=\"img3\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\"  href=\"/category1.html\" ></a><a id=\"img4\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a><a id=\"img5\" class=\"main_img\" style=\"width: 0px;\" title=\"View more\" href=\"/category1.html\"></a></div>
<
p><span id=\"nextBtn\" title=\"Next\" onclick=\"initMovement(\'1\')\"> </span> <span id=\"prevBtn\" title=\"Previous\" onclick=\"initMovement(\'-1\')\"> </span></p>

and the skin.css.
#gallerydiv  #img1 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_1.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img2 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_2.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img3 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_3.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img4 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_4.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
#gallerydiv  #img5 { background: transparent url(../images/gallery_image_5.jpg) no-repeat scroll center; }
The outcome is still 3 images instead of 5. Did I left out any other codes which are not edited yet?

Thanks a lot,
Lawz

I assume that you use magento 1.3, right?
you need to edit to edit js file js/additional.js

there is a code

var images = new Array(899,899,899);
var 
imagesIDs = new Array(1,2,3);
var 
totalNumber 3;
If you have 5 images it has to be:
var images = new Array(899,899,899,899,899);
var 
imagesIDs = new Array(1,2,3,4,5);
var 
totalNumber 5;

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

OnnoYW - 22 April 2010 07:13 AM

Your great!

thank you very much!

One last question, at the demo of you website:
http://web-experiment.info/magento/grayscale/
There is an navigation bar above the slider, can you tell me more about that?
I cannot find a way to activate that.

Thanks again!

Is this a
* Laptops
* Phones
* Watches
* Accessories
?
This is the main categories, you just need to add active subcategories to your root category in the admin side and it will be activated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lawz910

Total Posts:  5

Hi,
Thanks for solving my problem!

Cheers!

Lawz

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Krite - 18 April 2010 08:04 AM

Please help me ! If I want to use the Theme version 1.3.2.4 magento version 1.4.0.0. But how the fix recommended by Eror. Please help me Please ....

Theme version 1.3 is not compatible with magento 1.4
You need magento 1.3 for that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community