Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free Magento Theme

Krite
Guru

Total Posts:  301

If I want create slide picture but Not use in your theme but I want create Modern Theme. Please Tech me Please. Thank you.

Note : in skin\frontend\default\My Modern Theme\js I copy your file.
- bundle.js
- cycle-fade-effect.js
- giftmessage.js
- jquery-1.3.2.js
- jquery-1.3.2.min.js
- noconflict.js
- opcheckout.js
in skin\frontend\default\My Modern Theme \css I copy your file.
-slider.css
- styles.css

and In a folder app

in app\design\frontend\default\modernTravel\template\catalog\product I copy your file.
- home.phtml
- slider.phtml

but I try in your code. It not show slide picture. Please help me please. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikolee

Total Posts:  3

I’m using the Bluescale theme and I’ve been wanting to put the My Cart box on the left panel but I can’t seem to do it.  I was able to remove the mini-checkout from the header but I can’t get the My Cart to come out on the left panel.  Can anyone please help?  I’ve been tinkering with this problem for quite sometime now.  I modified local.xml to show the changes but to no avail.

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>simple</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>grouped</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_grouped</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>configurable</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_configurable</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Total Posts:  150

mikolee - 16 February 2011 12:45 AM

I’m using the Bluescale theme and I’ve been wanting to put the My Cart box on the left panel but I can’t seem to do it.  I was able to remove the mini-checkout from the header but I can’t get the My Cart to come out on the left panel.  Can anyone please help?  I’ve been tinkering with this problem for quite sometime now.  I modified local.xml to show the changes but to no avail.

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>simple</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>grouped</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_grouped</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
                <
action method="addItemRender"><type>configurable</type><block>checkout/cart_item_renderer_configurable</block><template>checkout/cart/sidebar/default.phtml</template></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>

You should name it different, like name="cart_sidebar_custom" and it will show up!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Krite - 26 January 2011 08:45 PM

If I want create slide picture but Not use in your theme but I want create Modern Theme. Please Tech me Please. Thank you.

Note : in skin\frontend\default\My Modern Theme\js I copy your file.
- bundle.js
- cycle-fade-effect.js
- giftmessage.js
- jquery-1.3.2.js
- jquery-1.3.2.min.js
- noconflict.js
- opcheckout.js
in skin\frontend\default\My Modern Theme \css I copy your file.
-slider.css
- styles.css

and In a folder app

in app\design\frontend\default\modernTravel\template\catalog\product I copy your file.
- home.phtml
- slider.phtml

but I try in your code. It not show slide picture. Please help me please. Thank you.

js files are ok and css is ok.
For example, you want to place a slider on the home page.
You should copy Layout update XML from our grayscale tutorial and copy content from home_page_header_block to the content of the home page. after that slider should work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robkwal

Total Posts:  1

How would I go about adding a categories block to the left of the image slider on the home page?! But wouldn’t want this active in the left column as on the categories page, I will be using the refine by in the left column!

Help would be very much appreciated!

Regards,

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

pharell_k

Total Posts:  1

many thanks for your nice grayscale design and kindness to give it for free.
i installed it partially and can`t really add a category, i triyed adding category and subcategory, products, i checked the box that says appear visible on site, but my categories don`t seem to appear in the upper box like in your demo.
do i have to do something in cms or ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rimo

Total Posts:  53

Hello,

I just installed the free Grayscale theme on http://chefrichard.nl to see how it works.

But there seems to be a problem in Google Chrome.

If you look at the newsletter subscribtion box on the left side there is a problem with the Subscribe button.

Is there a way to solve this,this looks quite ugly now wink

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Richard

Magento Community
Magento Community

Krite
Guru

Total Posts:  301

What if I want change from a grayscale Theme for Ecommerce Web.  if I want change to is Hotel Booking site. Please guide how to modify website with thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rimo

Total Posts:  53

Rimo - 14 March 2011 10:57 PM

Hello,

I just installed the free Grayscale theme on http://chefrichard.nl to see how it works.

But there seems to be a problem in Google Chrome.

If you look at the newsletter subscribtion box on the left side there is a problem with the Subscribe button.

Is there a way to solve this,this looks quite ugly now wink

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Richard

My problem is solved,it had to do with some floating left code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hunnicutt77

I really like the simplicity of this theme and it was really easy to implement...however...I’m having difficulty finding a way to show related products...is this functionality not active in this theme...or am I just completely missing the boat here?  I manage 3 other Magento Stores, but this is my first one with 1.5....please help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Krite - 23 January 2010 09:16 PM

Why ‘s Eror ?

remark: “[YourHomePageCategoryID]” = I’am replace
Default Category (ID: 2) If not true. and If use
Subcatagories : toys (ID: 3) Yes or not

I’am create CMS->Manage Pages

Page Title * : home
SEF URL Identifier * : home
Status * : Enabled
content*:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" template="catalog/product/home.phtml" category_id="[2ID]"}}

it chould be category_id="2"

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryunbaik

Total Posts:  4

Hello,
I did everything that the installation instruction has stated, but my navigation link/bar is not showing. Any suggestions please?
I downloaded the Grayscale that’s compatible with Magento 1.5.
http://www.nanoaquatic.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

chatzis

Hi,

I have a problem with the grayscale theme. It was working pretty well all the time. But I had to change the domain name and now, the theme is not accessible anymore. Magento is working again and all other themes ate ok as well. But when I select the previous used grayscale, only the default theme, incl. the default blocks are shown.

Any ideas:

- grayscale theme was working fine
- upgraded to 1.5.1.0
- grayscale theme was working fine
- changed domain from http://www.lambioundco.de to http://www.lambiocards.de
- magento is working
- style now is default, shown as \"grayscale\"
- style can be changed to all other themes, but not grayscale

Reinstalled, but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Johannes

Magento Community
Magento Community

fitzrandolph

ryunbaik - 10 April 2011 08:21 AM

Hello,
I did everything that the installation instruction has stated, but my navigation link/bar is not showing. Any suggestions please?
I downloaded the Grayscale that’s compatible with Magento 1.5.
http://www.nanoaquatic.com

Make sure your main store is the root “0” category and then reindex.
I think I had the same problem.
Here is my post -
http://web-experiment.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t;=427

Magento Community
Magento Community

CRuez

Total Posts:  6

Free? In this day and age!? You are crazy, but I like it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community