Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Check out this precious metals store

Shaun E.

Total Posts:  65

Just launched ProvidentMetals.com in December 2009. 

I am interested in knowing what everyone thinks of the theme!

Also, a quick plug for the site smile - if you are interested in rare coins or purchasing gold/silver/platinum bullion products as investments, check us out!

Image Attachments
providentmetals-screenshot.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

girlgonzo

Total Posts:  1

Your website looks great, Your logo really pops out. Images are clean cut. Very easy on the eyes. Great job!  On product price, I see it changes every so often, is there a special module that Magento has in order for prices to update? And was it hard to code in?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Your site looks noce as a whole. I like your hints when putting mouse over the categories in the left menu.

Good work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Viralogy

Total Posts:  10
Mountain View, CA

The site has a very “cash for golds” feel, which can be good or bad.  The Featured Coins section on the front page is a great addition which allows a first time visitor to potentially see something that they like.

I would add cross-sells and up-sells in each product page.  For example: http://www.providentmetals.com/1-10-oz-american-gold-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated.html

The visitor should be able to see other related items that they can potentially buy.  The ability to offer other items that people have also viewed allows the visitor to intelligently make a purchase decision. 

If you have any questions about on-site conversions, feel free to reach out at any time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

karun

Total Posts:  36

hi
i just loved your theme
however i wanted my categories to be shown in vertical navigation not on top
i can manage to make vertical navigation
the problem is i dont want to remove the top header from the page i just wanted to show few more important links there instead of categories and also i wanted it to be black in color not white.can u help me plz on this issue

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community