Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Billing address and Credit card address need to match? 

ivanob

Total Posts:  11

My client have store based on magento http://www.mpsupplements.com/ . There is security issue explained like this:

“We need to make sure that the billing address has to match the billing address on the credit card they are using. This is a huge security problem. I have NEVER EVER been on a website and allowed to make an order and have my billing address that I enter be different than my billing address associated with credit card. Shipping address can be different than billing address, but billing address has to match credit card.”

Is there solution for this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

View 6 Com

Total Posts:  83
Brighton Sussex UK

Hi Ivanob

What payment gateway are you using?

You can’t force someone to enter their correct details, but the gateway can validate the details to make sure they match the billing address registered for the card.

hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,
Try using google checkout to avoid this problem ..or billing system like WHMCS with Maxmind which makes order verification call to calculate if the order is fraud.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivanob

Total Posts:  11

Well client is using PayPal Website Payments Pro - Direct Payments . Is there solution for that payment method?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BLACKBULL_316

Total Posts:  35
India

Activate AVS and CVM in paypal.

In admin part
>System >configuration> Paypal accounts> Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout (API Signature)
set debug to 0

then the responses will be stored in database table paypal_api_debug (response body field). explode avs and cvm responses from there

Magento Community
Magento Community

homenrgy

Total Posts:  3

I have a similar concern. We keep running into customers that submit their order 2-3 times because we don’t explicitly say “YOUR BILLING ADDRESS MUST BE THE BILLING ADDRESS OF YOUR CREDIT CARD”

Is there an EASY way to re-word the text so that it says “Credit Card Billing Address?” I think this would solve our problem…

Thanks!

Isaac

Magento Community
Magento Community

brucecaine

Total Posts:  15

You can’t personnel someone to enter their adjust details, but the gateway can validate the points to make certainly they match the billing address registered for the card.

Magento Community
Magento Community

juliajohn

Total Posts:  1

Is there solution for that payment method and give any discount?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShailendraKhare

Total Posts:  4

For PayPal:

1. Log in to your PayPal Advanced account.
2. Go to Service Settings > Hosted Checkout Pages > Set Up, and make the following settings:

Set AVS: Full

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community