Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem - Categories not linking to the products since I put them on the homepage (left)

Autofittings

Total Posts:  18

I recently put the categories on the home page, in the left column. I also decided to show selected products on the home page but I have since removed this. The problem I have is when you now click on the categories to link to the products nothing happens - ERROR HTTP 500.

http://www.autofittings.co.uk

Does anyone have any ideas where I have gone wrong!

CHeers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Autofittings

Does anyone know what program I can use to trace the fault in the database?
Can I use Firebug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webfxmasta

Total Posts:  15

you can view your server’s error log and/or the PHP error log.  this should tell you what went wrong and in what file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Autofittings

No. I cant view my servers error log, I can only access the Magento files on my server.
Where is the PHP error log found?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Autofittings

All Sorted.
A tip;
Write a list of the files you have modified, that way if you have an error you know exactly where to check!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community