http://www.a2zuniforms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lan7502

or this one is also an example.

http://www.a2zuniforms.com/childrens/childrens-medical.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

In that theme, the add to cart buttons aren\’t being assigned the .btn-cart class, only the .button class so you\’ll have to change the css like so:

.products-grid .item button.button, .products-list .item button.button { display: none; }

Cheers,
Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

doughboy

Total Posts:  55

You are the bomb!!!!  That is perfect.  One last question.  Is it possible to just as easy to include a button the reads “More Info” or “Order Info” ?

I don’t want the “Add to Compare” links or the “Add to Wishlist” but that is not critical.  I can probably figure that one out by looking at what you already gave me on the add to cart button.

Thanks again for all of your help!  You would be surprised at how many people call and just simply do not click on the product image to go to the “Product Detail Page”. 

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

This will remove the “Add to Compare” and “Add to Wishlist” links from that page:

.products-grid .item .add-to, .products-list .item .add-to { displaynone}

to add a “More Information” or “View” or whatever link to the items is a bit more complicated, you will need to edit your template file:
/app/design/frontend/default/yourtemplate/template/catalog/product/list.phtml
(note: if your template doesn’t have that file copy it to that location from /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml)

Add this line into both the product gird and product list portions (2 places) of that files php, probably just after the ul .add-to-links:

<a href="<?php echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $this->__('View Product') ?>"

class="product-moreinfobutton"><?php echo $this->__('View Product'?></a>

and use the .product-moreinfobutton {} css class to style it however you like.
replace the “View Product” in both places with whatever you want it to say.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Josh

For other’s catching this thread, in most people’s themes that css to remove the wishlist and compare links would be:

.products-grid .item .add-to-links, .products-list .item .add-to-links { displaynone}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pinpoint

Total Posts:  56

joshuajarman - 15 November 2011 12:15 PM

This will remove the “Add to Compare” and “Add to Wishlist” links from that page:

.products-grid .item .add-to, .products-list .item .add-to { displaynone}

to add a “More Information” or “View” or whatever link to the items is a bit more complicated, you will need to edit your template file:
/app/design/frontend/default/yourtemplate/template/catalog/product/list.phtml
(note: if your template doesn’t have that file copy it to that location from /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml)

Add this line into both the product gird and product list portions (2 places) of that files php, probably just after the ul .add-to-links:
<a href="<?php echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $this->__('View Product') ?>"

class="product-moreinfobutton"><?php echo $this->__('View Product'?></a>

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Josh

Hi Josh,

Great input. Your first solution worked perfect!

The second on, to add a “more info” or something smile is beyond me understanding.
I have attached my list file. Any change you can tell me exact where to place your code?
And don’t I need a image as well?

Thanks a lot!

File Attachments
list.phtml  (File Size: 9KB - Downloads: 68)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pinpoint

Total Posts:  56

I managed to get it done. Just placed the code trough the file and finally found the right place haha what an amateur smile

It shows text, would there be a way to make it a button?

Anyone?

Thanks a lot!

Magento Community
Magento Community

irisscott

Total Posts:  1

I am using Riders theme in Mgo and want to CHANGE TEXT OR REMOVE entirely the “add to cart” graphic/button from ONE CATEGORY PAGE ONLY. Is that possible and if so where do I make the change.

Magento Community
Magento Community

keylessfix

Total Posts:  2

The css add on worked great.
then in the same file changing the padding in the grid removed the empty white space.
It looks great.

The only \’add to Cart\’ buttons i need to remove are the ones that are on my homepage in the New Products section.

Is there a css file for that section so that the same change can be made?

Thanks for all the help

Magento Community
Magento Community

WinstonLo

Total Posts:  1

How about removing the ADD NEW BUTTON from the initial home page?  I was able to remove it from the GRID and LIST view already, and thought it would also solve the home page GRID VIEW.

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-04-14 at 9.15.08 AM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2