Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I navigate to an unlinked (hidden) category that doesn’t appear in my Nav Menu? 

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

I’m trying to create a category for ON SALE items that I can link to, but I don’t want the category to appear in the Nav Menu.

I have created a category with ROOT CATALOG as the parent category, however, using the URL ID, the store will not display the category.

For instance, if I navigate to:
http://www.moodandmind.com/catalog/category/view/id/13 I get the “Whoops our bad” Not Found page, even though the category is 13.

Yes, it is enabled.

You would think this would be a very easy thing to do, but honestly it seems like every other thing is like pulling teeth with Magento.

Please help. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community