Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display Shipping Price on shopping cart page

sankaman2k

Total Posts:  13

I’m using Fixed price for all of my deliveries. How do I display the shipping price on the shopping cart page?
My customers want to know how much their shipping will be before they proceed to checkout.

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GregRandall

Total Posts:  6

The following could help to simplify the cart a lot:

- If there is only one shipping method available, the cost for that method appears by default in the cart. The default country is also selected
- If there is only one shipping method available, the shipping method selection step of the cart is skipped.
- shipping method is only chosen once, rather than once on the cart and once on the checkout page.
- if there is only one payment method available, the payment mehtod selection step is skipped.
- Post Code can be made an optional field (for countries that do not have the same post code standards as the US).
- Credit card / payment information is the last step in the process, appearing directly below the order review and on the same page.

Anyone have any ideas on how to start with these changes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

Total Posts:  94
New Zealand

Is it too late to also agree the skipping of shipping options in the checkout would be great.
when you only have “free shipping” then you really should be able to skip the option. hmmmm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento_lover

Total Posts:  1

iam using magento 1.4 version.

need to display shipping as table rate in shoppingcart page without login..

please help me the procedure

Magento Community
Magento Community

nasha

Total Posts:  138

http://subesh.com.np/2010/08/magento-setting-default-shipping-method-cart-page/

Magento Community
Magento Community

inventivo

Doesn’t work for me. I use 1.4.1.1
Need to show shipping flat rate to guests also. Any idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

small_inc

why not use the estimate shipping and tax on the shopping cart page to calculate the grand total?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community