Magento Forum

integrate as just a section of an existing site? 

bmcauliffe

Total Posts:  10

I have one site that is not a huge store, but there does need to be one page that lets people purchase “plans” that the site admin later manually sets up.. I know, not ideal, but it’s what he wants for now. I’d like to keep the rest of the site its own thing, as in not have magento house all pages via its CMS, but still feel like it’s part of the site. I would port it in via magento’s CMS if it was just basic content, but there’s a lot of custom PHP stuff that might be more trouble than its worth. Am I going overboard wanting to use magento for one basic 3-4 product purchasing page? Or is there a way to do this? All I can think would be to skin magento to look like the rest of the site.. but my linking system doesn’t use the “go/to/this/section” style.. it’s straight “mypage.php” type links. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

As far as I know you would have to skin Magento to look like it.

Using Magento for 3-4 products may be a bit much, but if that’s what you want to use and don’t mind the effort for a small shop it would work.

Your linking system doesn’t matter as Magento would all be within its own folder.  Just make sure in your skin you have the links point back to your other pages.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community