Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Notice errors prevent import working. 

xigen_ash

Total Posts:  6

I have upgraded a magento store from 1.7.0.2 to 1.8.0.0 and I have tried to import some products, the initial part works fine, however the import part does not.

1. Click Admin > System > Import/Export > Import;
2. Browse the file to upload;
3. Click Check Data;
4. Magento returns: Checked rows: XXX, checked entities: XXX, invalid rows: 0, total errors: 0;
5. Click Import

Magento displays the following E_NOTICE message:
Notice: Undefined index: _attribute_set in .../app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Import/Entity/Product.php on line 1251

Is this a bug?

(I did an export to view the difference, _attribute_set is still a valid field there)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnthonyDecock

Total Posts:  2

Just copy Product.php from Mage/Core/ImportExport/Model/Import/Entity/Product from 1.7 into the new version of 1.8 and everything will work.

Had the same problem and now my importer works.

Kind regards.

Anthony Decock

Magento Community
Magento Community

thqloz

Total Posts:  1

You should rewrite app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Import/Entity/Product.php and change the condition l. 1251 (in your case) in 1.8.0.1 it’s l. 1393:

if (!is_null($rowData[self::COL_ATTR_SET])) {
becomes
if (!empty($rowData[self::COL_ATTR_SET])) {

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

It seems that the previous responses can help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

arianics

Total Posts:  1
Los Angeles

I was experiencing the same issue for a few day. I could import products but the process would hang when importing configurable products.

The interesting part for me was that I could import the file perfectly fine on my developer server but not on the production server. This was evidence that the csv file was correct and the code works properly. So the issue must be from server configuration.

I started investigating the PHP and MySql config files. By tweaking a few values in the php.ini file I was able to successfully import all the products. Here is what I changed.

max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
memory_limit = 256M
default_socket_timeout = 300
post_max_size = 8M
enable_dl = On

Change these values according to your need. And if you think these values are too big please don’t hesitate to comment on it.
I would also recommend looking into this post. They list all server settings to optimize it for Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community