Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Home Page CSS Padding? 

Crestview Doors

Total Posts:  18

I added a block of text to the home page, and there is padding between each line.  I have set ALL padding in reset.css and boxes.css to 0px, but still there is space between each line.  The space shows up in Firefox but not IE7.  Help?

http://crestvie.nexcess.net/index.php/

Thanks in advance!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I think that you must change the height of the line, because padding is the distance from content to cell board

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crestview Doors

Hm… I tried that too :(

I must be missing something somewhere?  Any ideas??  *hits head on wall*

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crestview Doors

I included the link in the original post.  If you look at it in Firefox, there is space between the horizontal lines and the image of the doorknob, both above and below.  In IE, there is no space (in other words, the gray horizontal lines perfectly sandwich the photo).  I prefer it without the space, just like if it were a table with the cellpadding set to zero.  I’ve tried setting all padding in the css to zero… fooled with the margins… obviously there is some element that Firefox is deferring to that IE does not.  Help?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community