Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension - How To Start? 

PegasusDO

Total Posts:  3
Dortmund

Hi
I have the following Problem:

How do I start to create a new extension?

I can add my own classes in a special folder, but how is the workflow for telling the core that there is a new class?

In my opinion therfor are two XML files… But i do not know how to crate such a file and what are the rules for these files…

Please help me.

PegasusDO

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

Check out the wiki (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/).  There is a section “Recommended Articles for developers”.  There are two or three articles that should get you started.  Otherwise post in the forums with more specifics and we’ll all help each other figure it out.  I’ve been working on a shipping module, but I’ve got a snag in getting it to show up in the front end.  The tutorial was spot on up to that point though.  Like I said the wikis have a bunch of good info and are probably the best place to start.  After that searches on the forums can glean you some gold.  After that a specific question posted out here seems to have a better chance of attracting someone to answer it than a genral statement.

Still figuring it out myself,
MunchyMonster

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community