Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The search on the string list translation interface

Amin Amini

Total Posts:  67
Sweden, Stockholm

I’ve been using the string list interface when translating Magento to Swedish. I’ve often found myself realizing that I’ve done a mistake earlier but that I have no idea exactly which string I should go back to. Unfortunately, the search fields on the Apply filter row seems to perform search queries with regexp ^ automatically included at the beginning of every query, requiring you to know the EXACT English or Swedish string in order to find it. For example, say that I’m looking for a string that I believe to have the sub string “to users” in it but that I’m unsure what precedes or succeeds this. If this is the case, then the search won’t be useful at all.

Also, support for basic regexp operators such as * and ? in the same search form would be very nice. This would result in much improved productivity for us translators as we wouldn’t have to visit each page and use the browser’s inadequte built-in search feature to find faulty translations.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amin Amini

Total Posts:  67
Sweden, Stockholm

Any feedback from the devs? Or other translators?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community