Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Drop down menu

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

Hi

I am discovering that my understanding of CSS/Javascript is not as good as I hoped. I have modified the header on the standard magento theme and wanted to reduce the padding around each category heading. Currently the standard styles.css file had the following…

#nav a { float:left; padding:5px 12px 6px 8px; color:#a7c6dd; font-weight:bold; }

I would like the change the padding so that there is less of a space under the text but as soon as I do that I am unable to select any of the subcategories/products, when I move the mouse over the menu it promptly disappears. So obviously I am missing something that controls the way the menu is activated.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community