Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
How does Magento run for you?
Slowly 20
Quickly 2
Total Votes: 22
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Is Magento Slow or Fast for you?  Web host? 

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I installed Magento on MediaTemple’s Grid Hosting.  Apart from not working corrently (adding attributes), it runs very slowly.  I was curious how quickly or slowly magento runs for you on your web host?  If it runs quickly, please let us know what hosting company and package you have.  I am curious about people running it on MediaTemple’s DV hosting..

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

justify

Total Posts:  10

Hi it works great for me. I use WESH its based in london and they have a great customer support as well, you can actually ring them! Which is unusual!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

You can check our speeds by looking at our demo site, http://www.nubluemagento.co.uk - it’s running on the same server we’re hosting all of our Magento customers on, so it’s an actual representation.  And yes, we also answer the phone wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Ours runs decently on HostGator but we’ve been having difficulties getting our SSL installed with them for the last week.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community