Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disabling Things Doesn’t Remove Links

tazz_ben

Total Posts:  4

I’ve found that disabling things on System->Configuration->Advanced doesn’t remove the links.  For instance, I don’t want reviews, however, when I disable it, the link on the product page still appears, it just goes to a blank page.  Newsletters are the same.  I’ve disabled them, but they still appear as part of the sign-up page.  This is true of the following (that I’ve found):

* Tags
* Newsletters
* E-Mail to a Friend
* Reviews

I’m probably trying to use magento in a way not intended (we’re using it to sell our products—2 of them—so I’m trying to strip out as much of this stuff as possible), but I imagine others will try to use it in the same way.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

refreshed the cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tazz_ben

Total Posts:  4

yeah

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

strange… I tried just now… and it works… I do not have more ideas sorry

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

wishlist is also difficult to remove and the advanced configuration toggle does not seem to have an effect for me either

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community