Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Rackspace cloud sites product import issue

sahuspilwal

Total Posts:  37
Hastings, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

RE: Rackspace Cloud Sites using Magento v.1.3.2.4

Can anyone using/testing rackspace cloud sites please confirm whether they have been able to perform a product csv file import using the admin > system > import/export > profiles routine?

I’m trying to import a small 200KB csv file (400 products) which worked on my local development environment but does not seem to process any of the records on cloud sites.

The pop-up window shows the details but it just stays at the same screen for over 20 minutes so I gave up see below for details:

Starting profile execution, please wait…
Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data
Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
Found 469 rows
Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse
Processed 0% 0/469 records

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rkiss

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I had the same issue.....I don’t think there is really anything you can do to speed it up unless you by a commercial extension…

I tried importing 60, 100, 1000 records..the import would freeze randomly…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1894 or http://www.mag-manager.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

sahuspilwal

Total Posts:  37
Hastings, United Kingdom

Hi,

I spent one whole day testing and playing around with Magento CE v1.3.2.4 on Rackspace Cloud Sites and it seems there are too many issues with functionality not working as well as performance to make it worth while to host on this package. After speaking with Rackspace operators they have admitted Cloud Sites is not up to the job and that it’s there recommendation to only use Magento on Cloud Servers or even a dedicated fully managed solution. The issues I had are as follows:

1/ Unable to import product data into Magento even with small 200KB csv file
2/ Page load times with optimisation at best was 1.6 seconds but as bad as 5 seconds to load the home page
3/ Using admin > system > backup feature is flaky and only works half the time
4/ Admin pages were far to slow to be in a live environment with a busy store where moving around pages quickly would be required to do the job of administering the store

Having spent a few days working with Magento on Rackspace Cloud Sites I would not recommend anyone attempting to try and host a site unless using Cloud Servers.

I will update this and other performance related threads to do with Cloud sites with my testing results on Rackspace Cloud Servers sometime tomorrow. So people can weigh up the options.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community