Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin 404 after running database repair tool [SOLVED]

Itosa

Total Posts:  39

Hello,

My database was missing foreign keys and other indexes (corrupted). So I run the database repair tool. The repair tool said database repair was a success.

My site still runs including category and products. But, some custom modules whos URL is mydomain.com/guestbook or mydomain.com/modulename gives 404 page. And for the worst mydomain.com/admin/ also gives 404. ie. now i cannot login into admin.

Any suggestion to recover?

regards,
itosasia

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joel of MMCC

Total Posts:  13

Yikes!! I was just about to run the Database Repair Tool myself (having just found out about it) in hopes of fixing my own problem (the one immediately prior to yours, posted about an hour previous to yours) when I happened to see this post! Good thing I did! Now I’m leary of trying it myself!

At any rate, I would suggest for both of us that we make sure we have backups (plural, just in case) of the database before running the tool. If you have a backup from before it was run, try restoring it.

Edited to add:

I just now used MySQL Administrator (part of their free Windows GUI Tools) to analyze the database of both of my carts (the one that works and the one that won’t allow the Admin Backend to save any changes other than wiping out the current Admin user). I viewed the Catalog | Schema Indices, and saw long lists in both. At the bottom, it gives totals of what it found. Check yours to see if they match:

• Number of Indices: 688
• Number of Columns: 900 — (I think this means number of columns in indices, not the total number of database columns)
• Number of Unique: 267
• Number of Not Null: 646

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Itosa

Total Posts:  39

Hello,

got back to normal after executing this query into database

INSERT INTO `core_store` (
`
store_id` ,