Magento Forum

Hiding Layered Navigation Attribute

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I have a question about how to hide a specific attribute that is used in layered navigation in a parent category thru use of the “Custom Layout Update” box in the “Manage Categories” section of the admin panel for that category. Is it possible?

Maybe something like ”<remove name="product.attributes" />” ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lizlux

Total Posts:  40

bump.

would also like to know how to hid layered navigation for certain categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lizlux

PC Games Plus - 15 December 2009 01:19 PM

I have a question about how to hide a specific attribute that is used in layered navigation in a parent category thru use of the “Custom Layout Update” box in the “Manage Categories” section of the admin panel for that category. Is it possible?

Maybe something like ”<remove name="product.attributes" />” ?

Ah, you were right about that. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lizlux

Ah, just to be clear… I wanted to remove the entire layered navigation from certain category pages, so I went into that category, and under “Custom Layout Update” entered: <remove name="catalog.rightnav" />.  That removed the entire block from that category page.
Come to think of it though, I would also like to know how to remove specific attributes from certain category pages, as this post was originally about.  Not sure how to do this other than set the attribute’s “Use in Layered Navigation” setting to “Filterable (with results)” and don’t assign any products within that category to that attribute. 
I will post if I find a real answer to this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community