Magento Forum

Page 17 of 18
Can’t upload product images…. 

Wolfy175

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

Probably a really old thread but one I found useful none-the-less. I just managed to fix my issue by pure fluke.

I was getting the digital certificate error, even though I didnt have SSL enabled at all.

I got angry after 5 hours of trying to sort it out and deleted both the php.ini and the php.sample.ini or whatever its called, and hey presto, it works!

Might not work for anyone else, but posting it here on the off chance that it does smile

EDIT: Worked for one image then stopped again. I’m wishing I didnt bother using MAgento at all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

twisteddiana

Total Posts:  7
Deva, Romania

Same problem on 1.5.0.1 .... on localhost.

I have many Magento projects using 1.5.0.1 on my localhost wamp server, but this is the first time i have ever encountered this error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rochi

Total Posts:  7

Maybe this helps to identify the problem:
Session problem with flash upload

Magento Community
Magento Community

kkk12

Total Posts:  1

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Tobias%20Renger/extension/1756/no-flash-uploader

This is resolve your’s problem with upload files

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379
Spain

We are having exactly the same problem uploading images to products. It’s obvious is a Flash Player issue.

kkk12 - 07 August 2011 10:39 AM

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Tobias%20Renger/extension/1756/no-flash-uploader

This is resolve your’s problem with upload files

This extension is not compatible with Magento Connect 2.0.

rochi - 22 June 2011 03:20 AM

Maybe this helps to identify the problem:
Session problem with flash upload

My german is null… and Google Translation service is useless… Can anybody explain in english how exactly solve this?

Thank you!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanindiana

Total Posts:  4

I’m stuck here too!  Please, any help out there?!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chrisedmo

Total Posts:  14

Any more news on this - i am unable to add new products now!!! How can i fix this? It has only happened recently!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Please try the AJAX Image Uploader addon.  Its is extremely easy to use and does not require Flash or other plugins. Just drag and drop files as you do in the Google Picasa.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Urme

Total Posts:  8

I’m having the same problem, I downloaded Magento for the first time yesterday, and I can’t say I’m impressed so far.

Uploading images on products doesn’t work, I’m running my test site on a WAMP installation. It seems that the script are uploading the images to /media/tmp/catalog/product/p/r/image.jpg but where I can remove the image it becomes red and nothing more happens.

With Firebug for Firefox I get this response in the console:

{"name":"prodbild_bok.jpg","type":"application/octet-stream","tmp_name":"D:\wamptemp\php6B.tmp","error":0,"size":30355,"path":"D:\shares\server\www\2011-07-0011\Magento\magento\media\tmp\catalog\product","file":"/p/r/prodbild_bok_9.jpg.tmp","url":"http://192.168.111.6:8080/2011-07-0011/Magento/magento/media/tmp/catalog/product/p/r/prodbild_bok_9.jpg","cookie":{"name":"adminhtml","value":"0jjbvahg95hijlalptdb0bmie3","lifetime":"3600","path":"/2011-07-0011/Magento/magento","domain":"192.168.111.6"}}

Never had any problems with this WAMP server before, so something is wrong with Magento imo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jahnni

Total Posts:  9

i had the same problem in htpasswd protetcted envioronment, io solved it by adding the following directive to my virtual host:

<LocationMatch “/catalog_product_gallery/">
Satisfy Any
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</LocationMatch>

maybe not super extra safe but works…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex WM

Total Posts:  11

Disable CDN

CDN has a lot of conflicts with third party addons. Like JS. And Flash. And/or combined

Works for us

Magento Community
Magento Community

Allen00

I have too problem uploading images..Thanks I have this pal helping me how to. There are more question that I ask and I know this forum can answer me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pvalium

Total Posts:  4

i go to product, images, click browse files, upload files, and dialog closes, but no error shows. If i look in tmp folder, i can see file, but it doesn’t apper in html to select it.

In one server with php 5.2.6 runs ok, but in server with php 5.3 or 5.2.17 i have this problem. Magento is 1.4.1.1.

Need help please!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xonetech

Total Posts:  3
Michigan

To solve this problem I contacted my hosting provider and had them work a solution for me. They where kind enough to login in and use magento and see for themselves the errors on screen and match them to the error log.

I tried all the fixes to the flash upload problem. Updating flash player, editing the .htaccess file. you name it, if it’s listed here I tried it.(cept mod security related solutions)

Well it turns out that for my VPS(Virtual Private Server) it was not pre-configured with white list like some servers.
The mod security issues I understand after the fact are usually not set on a VPS.

anyways, on to the solution.

This is quoted from the support email provided to me.

The two issues that were resolved were the following.

Modsec was blocking the following rules:

/~website/mstore/index.php/admin123/catalog_product_gallery/upload/key/27264da88d1bf6d54b7afab9da59cbe/

/~website/mstore/index.php/admin123/catalog_product_gallery/upload/key/4c7b336fcf10a349694ed3f0ad71939/

Both of these were due to the Shockwave Flash uploader. I whitelised both of
these rules. I also whitelisted the following rule:

/~website/mstore/index.php/admin123/catalog_product_gallery/upload/key/*/

This will stop all things within the /key/ directory from getting blocked, as
* is a wildcard.

The second issue was that Modsec was blocking Magento from creating a temp
file. This is the error that was in the error log:

[Thu Dec 22 19:18:50 2011] [error] [clientremoved but was an IP ADDRESS] ModSecurity: Input
filter: Failed to create temporary file:
/root/tmp/20111222-191850-XGW4XDIcV8gAAEPtVjAAAAJ-request_body-rLzlf2
[hostname ”removed but was an IP ADDRESS”] [uri
“/~website/mstore/index.php/admin123/catalog_product_gallery/upload/key/037dbcf2878b72e8d61fa68c31d1b96/"]
[unique_id “XGW4XDIcV8gAAEPtVjAAAAJ"]

I whitelisted this as well.

These issues generated the text in red next to the file size count on the upload images page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesbrew

Wolfy175 - 27 March 2011 01:22 AM

Hello,

Probably a really old thread but one I found useful none-the-less. I just managed to fix my issue by pure fluke.

I was getting the digital certificate error, even though I didnt have SSL enabled at all.

I got angry after 5 hours of trying to sort it out and deleted both the php.ini and the php.sample.ini or whatever its called, and hey presto, it works!

Might not work for anyone else, but posting it here on the off chance that it does smile

EDIT: Worked for one image then stopped again. I’m wishing I didnt bother using MAgento at all.

Totally agree. I was asked to do something on Magento recently. OMG! So badly conceived and designed. Even to do something really simple takes for ever. Everything is scattered all over the place.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 17 of 18