Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t upload product images…. 

nauticamare

Total Posts:  7

Same problem…

MediaFolder 777
Flash Player 10
php.ini Ok

Same Upload problem

Thanks for the reply

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

diomedes

Hi,

I get same error while uploading images. It appers right after image upload is finished.

I have not tried anything yet.

It would be great if somenone could list most recent and best working solutions and finally close this huge topic. smile

Thanks in advance! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

diomedes

So, is there ANY way to solve this problem!?!?!?

Solutions I’ve found:

1) .htaccess :

SecFilterEngine Off

1b) /var/.htaccess :

SecFilterEngine Off

2) php.ini in root dir:

register_globals=On
allow_url_fopen
=On
magic_quotes_gpc 
off
short_open_tag 
on
extension
=pdo.so
extension
=pdo_mysql.so
suhosin
.session.cryptua off

2b) php.ini in root dir:

suhosin.session.cryptua Off
extension
=php_mcrypt.dll
extension
=php_mysql.dll
extension
=php_pdo.dll
extension
=php_pdo_mysql.dll
magic_quotes_gpc 
off
short_open_tag 
on
allow_url_fopen
=On
zlib
.output_compression on
zend
.ze1_compatibility_mode off

3) /media/catalog/product each with permittions 0777

4) Installlation guide show these folder and files must be chang the CHMOD to 0777:
magento/var/.htaccess
magento/app/etc
magento/var
magento/media
magento/media/catalog/category
magento/media/upload
magento/media/upload/0
magento/media/upload/1
magento/media/upload/2
magento/media/import

5) /js : 0755

6) app/etc/use_cache.ser : 0777

7) Refresh all caches

8) PHP 5.2.0 -> 5.2.6

9) Upgrading to Flash Player 10

10) suhosin and suphp, in php.ini :

;extension="suhosin.so"

11)? installing mod_security2 : http://www.howtoforge.de/howto/debian-etch-apache2-mit-mod_security-255-ricthig-gemacht/ +
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8504/

12) On backend, edit like this:
a) Add/create/edit all product information EXCEPT images
b) “Save”
c) Should redirect you back to the product list
d) Click on the product you wanted to add images to
e) Add the images
f) “Save”

13)? Try IE 6.0 or older

I have not done 11) and 13) yet. Not sure about 10) Should I edit main server’s php.ini?

So, is there ANY way to solve this problem!?!?!?

Thanks,
diomedes

Magento Community
Magento Community

nauticamare

Hi diomedes.
a lot of friends have the same problem.

We think is a hosting/server problem and some Magento Bug.

Whic hosting do you use ?

Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

Total Posts:  59
London

problems here too. it works fine in ie with flash player 10, however in firefox and safari it does not, it seems to upload the files but then the bar turns red, instead of green.

if i hit save anyway the picture is just not there.

also i get this “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” warning on the same screen (dont think its realeated, as again it works with the same settings in ie). however i would love to know how to get rid of this warning or where to change what?!

also all worked fine before i upgraded....

thanks, ralph

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peppermay

Total Posts:  111
Lille, France

A little and very personnal contribution to all that mess.
Everything is OK on my good old PC running under XP but the famous “please wait (and die)” message occurs when trying to upload images from two other PC in the very same room (same ISP and same network). Only difference is that both are running under Vista !
I know, it’s completly nonsense but it is. Tryed with IE6-IE7-IE8 and Firefox, with or without firewall/antivirus, on safe mode and normal mode (browser and OS), with flash player 9 and 10, with black and white underwares… Same thing always: unable to add new images to product gallery. The wonderfull rolling-image is rolling and rolling, asking me to getting old…

Having read so many posts on that subject, I don’t even ask for help. Guess it’s a kind a curse or something…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobbe

I get the same error as most of you. Get a popup with an HTML error message that says that a 400 error has accourd.

I turned on apache error log and I get the following errors. Seems like there are some trouble with some ModSecurity on the server.

[Fri May 08 09:36:06 2009] [error] [client 194.17.253.121] ModSecurityMultipart errorMultipart: Final boundary missing[hostname "myhostname"] [uri "/index.php/admin/catalog_product_gallery/upload/?SID=hqp6kvrfu5rdbi457jo6lvelo2"] [unique_id "SgQ1RkC7aF8AAE8uGhYAAAAS"]

[Fri May 08 09
:36:06 2009] [error] [client 194.17.253.121] ModSecurityAccess denied with code 400 (phase 2). Match of "eq 0" against "REQBODY_PROCESSOR_ERROR" required[id "960912"] [msg "Invalid request body"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "myhostname"] [uri "/index.php/admin/catalog_product_gallery/upload/?SID=hqp6kvrfu5rdbi457jo6lvelo2"] [unique_id "SgQ1RkC7aF8AAE8uGhYAAAAS"]

Don’t know if this helps, but if anyone has a clue how to solve this I would be really happy grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

yap, that seems to be the issue for some of us, not for me though.. what a weird problem, hope Magento or somebody will come up with a solution soon..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobbe

For me it would be great with just a standard HTML upload as a backup when there are problems grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobbe

I got my hosting company to add a exception to ModSecurity
<LocationMatch “/index.php/admin/catalog_product_gallery/upload/.*">
SecRuleRemoveById 960912
</LocationMatch>

and now it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

picxelplay

Total Posts:  13
Phoenix, Arizona

This is the root of the solution for most linux server users that get a popup that contains HTML after pressing the upload files button.  Rename the php.ini.sample to php.ini
If this does not work, or if it makes your store inaccessible, add this to the end:

extension=pdo_mysql.so
extension=pdo.so

And it should work.

I tried every solution that has been offered in this forum and everywhere else, but nothing worked.  I know the ini file was not helping people out on this problem, but if you add those 2 extension strings at the end it will work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nick Shaw

Total Posts:  16

In my experience Magento doesn’t play well in a shared hosting environment which is not surprising really given that it is marketed as an enterprise product. Much better to go for a dedicated server or VPS. If your budget doesn’t run to that I would suggest that magento is not really viable given the pricing of support contracts and other services. Of course if you’re just learning magento go for it, my point is just that running magento in a production environment on a low budget will be very risky. But good luck anyway! grin

Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

Hi guys I might try it (again) however I can not really understand why that should help in my case, as it works for me in IE but not in Firefox? Or is the flash player that different on those platforms? Anyway, worth a shot

Magento Community
Magento Community

demonkoryu
Guru

Total Posts:  328
Dortmund, Germany

Jay(Nexcess) - 15 May 2008 08:10 AM

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/30115/

This helped, thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Extremely frustrating.

My client is experiencing the HTML issue (where login html shows on uploading an image, upload fails, and kicks you out of the admin).

I have attempted all of the suggested fixes:
1. The problem repros with both Flash 9 and 10. From all of my machines, their site is broken and my other Magento sites are not.
2. The issue repros in IE and Firefox.
3. The entire media directory is set to 777, so this is not a permission issue.
4. I have made multiple modifications to the php.ini file as the linked threads suggest, with no luck.
5. Their host is not running Mod Security.
6. Since the page popping up is the login page, I have checked login settings. Secure URLs are turned off in the admin and the media url config is set correctly.
7. Some folders in /media/catalog that Magento uses sometimes were missing. I created these per suggestions on the forums. No luck.
8. php version is 5.2.9, so this is not an issue.

Looking for any and all ideas.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community