Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 18
Can’t upload product images…. 

ralphie

Total Posts:  59
London

hi mike

nice one. i think this is just “our” problem. i setup ssl and i assume this problem is solved. i write assume because now i have another problem.. the flash uploader complains about my self signed certificate

SSL Error: Invalid or self-signed certificate

i think this setting is a bit too restrictive.. bearing in mind you can actually setup the admin as non https smile guess will post a bug report

however for the time being i was trying to find where the limit to original certs is happening.. so far no luck and i cant spend more time on it. let me know if anyone finds an easy way to get around this.

cheers, ralph

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I’m not sure why it’s logging you out - but I definitely didn’t have to have SSL in order for the image upload to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

so the image upload works for you in release 1.0.19700 without running ssl?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

It worked flawless in 1.0 without SSL, by the time I upgraded to 1.0.19700 I was already using SSL - I didn’t realize you were referring to just that release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Although I’m not using SSL in the admin at all - so whether or not it has SSL shouldn’t matter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

Total Posts:  29
New Brunswick, Canada

Who knows… The last thing I can think of is switching hosting companies and I don’t want to do that because I have a reseller account with my current host with multiple sites on the server.  I tried using opera last night too..  but still got logged out after trying to upload the image.

But what I don’t get is this part… When you click browse and select some images.. Once you click on upload, aren’t they supposed to be listed in the table above so you can choose which pic will be the main one, etc....  Because after I click upload nothing shows up in there at all..  Then after when I click save, i get logged out.

Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Yes, you get a screen like I attached.  Although it will have a white box that says something to the effect of roll over the image to see it.

Image Attachments
screenshot.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Unfortunately you need to have SSL turned on in order to upload image. This was a major problem for me because I wanted to fully test Magento before purchasing an SSL certificate.

@mdowdell: you do not need to have SSL turned on in order to upload image.

It says that if you do have SSL turned on, you need to have a valid certificate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Yeah, that’s the screen that i’m not getting..  I mean I get the screen, but when I click on upload, the images don’t show up like you have it in your pic..

I don’t have ssl turned on.  I did try ssl turned on and I do have a valid certificate installed.  Didn’t work either way..

Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

intresting, thanks for the insight into this moshe. so its not the ssl which is needed, and since valid cert required i guess i gotta switch my dev. env. back to non ssl again then..

any hint what the problem could be?

i don’t get logged out, i simply loose the uploaded pictures when i hit save

Magento Community
Magento Community

mdowdell

Total Posts:  15

Moshe - 01 May 2008 10:09 AM

Unfortunately you need to have SSL turned on in order to upload image. This was a major problem for me because I wanted to fully test Magento before purchasing an SSL certificate.

@mdowdell: you do not need to have SSL turned on in order to upload image.

It says that if you do have SSL turned on, you need to have a valid certificate.

@Moshe: I realized that much too late. In a previous another thread

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6282/

read that you needed ssl turned on. Later in someone add you can disable the SSL. My bad, I caught it too late.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

i figured that my images do get uploaded physically, into media/tmp/catalog.... but they are not put into the media/catalog… folder.. which might be the problem.. the cause of it.. well thats the question now, what smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Where are you guys seeing these tmp and upload folders?? When I look into the media folder, all I have is a catalogue folder and that’s it.  When you extract the zip file for the magento package of the latest release, None of those folders are inside of the media folder.  Does magento automatically create these when you start uploading images??

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

London

yap. must be. i dont have them after installation but the upload process seems to create them (maybe even cleans up after successful upload, dunno). i am just trying to dig deeper and am wondering if it is related to my other problem, that something truncates all my texts after 90 chars. are you experiencing this problem as well?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7275/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Hi,

No I don’t have the other problem.  Everything else in the admin works perfectly too. I don’t have any problems.. It’s just uploading product images that messes up and logs me out when I try to do so.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 18