Magento Forum

Page 1 of 18
Can’t upload product images…. 

Whitewolf

Total Posts:  29
New Brunswick, Canada

Hi guys, I just installed the software, and I can create categories and add products, but whenever I try and upload an image for a product, it says “image uploaded”, and once I hit save, it logs me out and the photo doesn’t get uploaded.

Also, no matter how many categories or products I put in, the category menu doesn’t show up at all on any of the pages. I’ve made sure that all products and categories are enabled, and stock levels are set to more than 0.

Can anyone please help me out??  Thanks!

Shaun

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

Wow i have a similar problem.

When I tried to upload photos the button doesnt work. Both buttons, browse images and upload images.

I wonder how can fix this

I had been tring with IE6, FF2 and Opera 9.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Yeah, I already checked the folder permissions, everything is fine..  I also tried to dump in the sample data, but every time I do it keeps giving me an error saying that the tables already exist.. blah blah..  That’s as far as I get..  Unless I’m supposed to start with a blank database when dumping in the info, but then how will the script even work since you aren’t putting in your own username and password for the db, and for the admin section..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

ahhhhhh… they could have mentioned that.  DUH LOL

I"m deleting my site and starting over..  I had also tried to install some addon thing from the communitiy section and it completely wrecked the site.. couldn’t even load anything.

I’m guessing there’s a setting that’s wrong or missing in database with the default install of the software.. and that’s why the image upload function doesn’t work.. ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Yes, I did read that there is supposed to be a patch coming out by the end of this month, but they didn’t state what was being patched or changed…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ralphie

Total Posts:  59
London

same here.. however for me it does not make a difference if i run it with or without test data. image upload simply does not work. please help, this is obviously a serious issue.. (i am running 1.0.19700)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Well, I downloaded the new update.. Did a fresh install with that one again..  I still have the same problem. --> Getting logged out when i try and save an uploaded image.

I updated my version of flash, I’ve tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer, I’ve updated the .htaccess file with some “supposed” fixes, dumped in the sample data again and tried to upload the images, checked folder permissions… what’s left? beside possibly something wrong with the programming code.

Someone PLEASE help!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamM

Total Posts:  9

I’m having the same problem—being logged out when I try to upload product images. Unfortunately I have no help to offer, but perhaps the developers will respond at some point.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

I hope someone helps soon..  I’m launching my new computer store in a month, and I have approximately 7200 products to put in from several different suppliers.  I’m about ready to drop this software and go back to oscommerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mdowdell

Total Posts:  15

See thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6282/

Is your SSL turned on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

No, I don’t have ssl turned on. I also don’t have an ssl certificate installed on the server yet either.  I’ve tried uploading photos with Firefox and IE, both do the same thing. I also tried using a different computer to upload the images and gave me the same result.

The part that I don’t get is you have 3 options..  Base image, Small image, and Thumbnail.  Each have radio buttons that you can select to manage what photo is used for what.  When you click on browse and select an image, (I tried adding 3) and you click upload, it says the photos were uploaded.  But if I look in the directory, nothing has been uploaded at all.  As soon as you click upload, shouldn’t you be able to see the images that you uploaded listed in that table and specify which one is the thumbnail, base image or small image, and then click save??  Or , if the script was actually working, would you only see the list of images after you save?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mdowdell

Unfortunately you need to have SSL turned on in order to upload image. This was a major problem for me because I wanted to fully test Magento before purchasing an SSL certificate.

I relented and purchased the SSL so that I can finally test how the upload image process works. Works fine now. As far as I know, once SSL is installed then you can upload the images. A preview box shows the image when you mouseover the thumbnail. Once all images are loaded you can set your preferences for each image. Base, Thumbnail, and small. Also you can set the exclude options and so forth.

Unless they changed it in ver 1.0.19700 you do need to have SSL turned on though. Which by the sounds of it you’re going to need anyway if you have a store with the capacity of 7,200 products.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

hmm.. I guess I can make the small investment and try it.  It doesn’t make sense though, because everywhere on this forum I have read that ssl has to be turned off for the image uploads to work.

I’ll give it a try.

Thanks Mdowdell

Magento Community
Magento Community

mdowdell

See thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6282/

at the bottom of the thread it shows away to disable SSL for testing purposes. I think the default is enabled and must be disabled first. That’s the best I can do at this point.

Sorry, and good luck.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Ahhhh..  I guess I misread that part then. My hosting company will be installing the certificate for me in about an hour or so, so once it’s tested I’ll repost here and let everyone know if it worked or not.

Thanks again smile

Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community

Whitewolf

New Brunswick, Canada

Ok guys.....  I installed the SSL certificate and enabled ssl in the admin area… and guess what.... it DOESN’T work!
So that’s out of the question… So what do we have left…

Things I already did:

1) Tried ssl and no ssl
2) Updated flash (tried many versions)
3) Tried IE, and Firefox
4) Dumped in sample data (as someone said they could upload images after they put in the sample data)
5) Checked folder permissions for 777
6) Made edits to .htaccess as described in the forum regarding this issue

When I have the sample data installed, I am able to delete a product image, and also change the settings of a product picture.  So the only problem is the actual “Upload” part.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 18