Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble Accessing Original Price instead of Special Price in Shipping Module

Parmenio

Total Posts:  1
Cambridge, UK

I am currently building a table-based shipping module for a client.  For this table rate, I need to access the original price of a product to calculate the shipping total before both discounts and the “special price” are applied.  In other words, I have a product that normally sells for $62.00.  However, from January 1,2008 - July 28, 2008, there is a special price of $48.00.  For testing purposes, I am assigning the shipping rate to be equal to the original price of the product ($62.00), but I cannot seem to access that price, and instead wind up with $48.00.  Here is the function I am using:

private function calculateOrderTotal()

{

// collects all the items in a given order

$items Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getAllItems();

$orderTotal 0;
            foreach(
$items as $item{
                $orderTotal 
+= $item->getOriginalPrice();

}

return $orderTotal;

}

I’m guessing that the object Item does not have a function to access the pre-special price?  Is there another way I should be doing this?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community