Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Capturing Attribute Information from Customer

roco

Total Posts:  191

I have a need to capture product information (customer product number) when a customer adds a product to the cart. 

This would be a blank text field near the “add to cart” button with a label that says “Customer Product Number for Invoice.”

When the item is added to the cart, this information would be stored with the order and displayed on the invoice.

What do you think is the best way to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance for ideas and advice.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

....sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself in this forum........oh well..here goes........

Is it possible to use product tags for this function?  I would need to be able to display product tags on the order (with the line item) per cusomer, without validating tags from the admin..........does this sound possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community