Do you have at least one “Allowed methods” set in the FedEx configuration section??
Yes, I have all allowed methods selected. I’ve also made sure that products have a weight on the. Again.. if there was any sort of debug log file that I can look up that would be perfect. It’s extremely hard debugging when I don’t know what the problem could be.
Debugging lasted 5 minutes after that! I fixed the problem, though it’s more of a hack. I will report this bug in the “report bug” section.
The error reported by Fedex after I added the snippet from Moshe (which was in system.log, not exceptions.log) said the following
Currency code for Intra CA request must be CAD
This meant that either something was wrong with my configuration or with the currency being sent to Fedex. I checked my configuration and everything was working fine. I then checked what I was sending Fedex by adding the following line to the snippet Moshe gave me
This logs the request. When I looked at my log file I can see it was sending USD as the currency code. That’s odd. So I looked at the same Fedex.php file and wouldn’t you know it.. the following is on line 283
YIKES! “USD” is hardcoded in as the CurrencyCode… it should be pulling it from the DB. So I’ve submitted a bug and for now replaced “USD” with “CAD” and all works now!
I had rates I couldnt quite tally up with rates we would normally get, so I checked the file, as yes it does say USD for the Currency Code ! Interestingly, If change it to my desired one, ie GBP , it does work ! Trying EUR as the code works, and returns very slightly different rates to that given at the dollar rate. I still dont think these differences are of the scale of the differences I was seeing, but even so, you’re right its a bug and needs fixing.
Hey guys, the best thing to do is to follow Moshe’s advice above to have the error message logged in a system.log. Without knowing what the error is it’ll take forever to debug.
@mdumka: The directory for the fedex file is what Moshe wrote (app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Fedex.php) ... Please reread his post on how to debug and reread my post right below his. After I learned how to catch shipping error it took me 5 minutes to fix the bug. So know what the actual error says is very important.