Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

stylesheet addCSS updates in local.xml being put in different places, how? 

kylecfoley

Total Posts:  1

I bought a Magento theme, and want to add some additional CSS scripts to the theme via local.xml.

Here is an excerpt:

<reference name="head">
            <
action method="addCss"><stylesheet>css/settings.css</stylesheet></action>
            <
action method="addCss"><stylesheet>css/captions.css</stylesheet></action>
            <
action method="addCss"><stylesheet>css/jquery.bxslider.css</stylesheet></action>
        </
reference>

The first 2 came with the theme, and when I open the site they are being called from /skin/frontend/mytheme/default/css
the 3rd one, which I added, is being called from /skin/frontend/base/default/css

Why are the first 2 being called from the custom theme skin folder, while my 3rd one is being called from the base folder? How is this possible?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageBuzz

Total Posts:  32

First, it will try to load the file from /skin/frontend/mytheme/default/css. If it cannot find the file there, it will try to load from /skin/frontend/base/default/css
You should check to see if you call the correct path to 3rd file.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community