Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Recoverable Error - when saving product

jmcdog

Total Posts:  20

I get this error when saving a product:

Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Varien_Object::addData() must be an array, null given, called in /home/mag48lo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 422 and defined in /home/mag48lo/public_html/lib/Varien/Object.php on line 178

Other products work fine and I haven’t found any other with this problem. I did import through admin.

I’ve narrowed it down to the Description entry. I thought at first it was related to the length. I started looking for special characters. I narrowed it down to one sentence and then to one word: from

So this saves:
Nothing will surprise that special someone more than this generous gift of 200 Long Stem Red Roses. No matter what the occasion, when you send 200 red roses, you will be sure to impress anyone who sets eyes on them. These fresh cut long stem roses are also a great selection to decorate your home or party, and are a great choice for do it yourself wedding arrangements. Our incredible long stem roses are hand picked and shipped directly our growers.

but this produces the error: (see the last sentence, third from last word “from")
Nothing will surprise that special someone more than this generous gift of 200 Long Stem Red Roses. No matter what the occasion, when you send 200 red roses, you will be sure to impress anyone who sets eyes on them. These fresh cut long stem roses are also a great selection to decorate your home or party, and are a great choice for do it yourself wedding arrangements. Our incredible long stem roses are hand picked and shipped directly from our growers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jmcdog

I see it here in 1.4.0.0 roadmap:

[Core Bug] Recoverable Error present during save product assigned

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmcdog

Here’s another product description with the word “from” in it twice that throws the error. When I remove them it saves.

Send roses like never before with 200 of our exquisite Long Stem Assorted Roses. Whether it’s for that special someone or for a special occasion such as an Anniversary or Birthday, these Assorted Long Stem Roses are sure to leave everyone astonished. These fresh cut Long Stem Roses are also a great selection to decorate your home, party, or for diy wedding arrangements.

Our long stem roses are hand picked and shipped directly from our growers ready to bloom. Package includes 200 fresh cut Long Stem Assorted Color Roses, plant food, and your personal message. Handling instructions finish off each box to insure proper care is taken allowing your flowers to make an impression for as long as possible.

<strong>Assorted Roses include up to 8 colors picked by the grower from the following colors: White, Light Pink, Dark Pink, Peach, Yellow or Bi Colored Roses.</strong>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flexxx

have the same issue… :s anyone a solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flexxx

Found the answer to my problem

The error occured after adding a 301 redirect in .htaccess

Because google indexed some pages when url rewriting was set to ‘off’ so i thought maybe i could ‘help’ google re-indexing the concerning pages…
I was WRONG smile

redirect 301 /index.php/ / -> i added this line… but then removed it and everything is working again!

I was kind of stupid on that one… what the hell was I thinking smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community