Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Commercial License… What does it mean? 

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I was looking at the Enterprise product today for a client. The cost is $8,900/yr. What happens if a shop can afford the enterprise license one year and not the next? I understand that the enterprise additions would need to be removed from the server. However, if the merchant made customizations to the code would they then be forced to disclose those customizations since they are no longer paying the enterprise fee?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

You host it on your own server, or the host of your choosing. They give you the entire source code, backed by their support. I spoke with them about this very issue. They said that they believe that the benefits of the Enterprise edition will keep you coming back year after year. The truth is though, they aren’t going to come take it away from you if you decide it isn’t worth it the second year, but you won’t get any updates to the enterprise edition.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community