Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi currency site

markl

Total Posts:  39

Hi,

I’m setting up an ecommerce store which will sell goods to customers in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland on the same site. Ideally I would like to spend my time building a single website with a single store but with the following catch:

users browsing to store.co.uk would have goods displayed in Pounds

and

users browsing to store.ie would have goods displayed in Euro.

I’m still trying to get my head around the whole site/store/view idea and was thought that maybe someone here might see how this would be done?

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

check the screencasts...I think there is something on multi-currency

Magento Community
Magento Community

markl

Thanks for the reply Srinigenie! I’ve watched the podcast on multiple storefronts - which got me so far, but then I couldn’t figure out if it was possible to have each storeview display a different default currency.

Thanks again,

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

yes ...for sure ...each store view can have a different default currency ...you need to select the store view on navigating to System-> Configuration. And setup default currency accordingly

Magento Community
Magento Community

markl

Thanks Srinigenie, I’ve tried typing my problem a couple of times, and thought it might be easier if I did a video grab and put it online. You can see it here - Magento vid

Hopefully that made much more sense that my ramblings cheese

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

bins

Total Posts:  26

Mark,

nice video - thanks.

I take it that all of your stock is in one location?

Also, did you have any issues re VAT?

Bins

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community