Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images not showing up after import

thE_iNviNciblE

Total Posts:  220
Oldenburg

yes this is a confusing bug i spent a lot of time to fix it…

@soussa:
whats your report id ... for mageno you should add a reference to my bug report… or i add a note with a link to your bug report....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sousa
Guru

Total Posts:  348
Porto, Portugal

Sorry i port your link issue, now i update last post.

Issue #10923

Magento Community
Magento Community

thE_iNviNciblE

Total Posts:  220
Oldenburg

Sousa - 28 February 2009 04:41 PM

Sorry i port your link issue, now i update last post.

Issue #10923

i’ve tried to open your Issue

The following errors were encountered

Requested issue no longer exists.

please write a comment in the bugtraq issue… then the magento team know that other people have the same problem…

THX grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sousa
Guru

Total Posts:  348
Porto, Portugal

i comment my issue.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

darkedge3

Total Posts:  24

Hey!

Thanks for the postings - Its made my night since I can now upload my products, and images to boot.

Using initiative, here’s my contribution :

If you’re updating all your products in one go, i.e. re-importing them, you can copy the contents of your media/catalog/category/product folder to your media/import folder so that you dont have to do any file renaming, url editing etc in your csv file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3sixtygroup

Total Posts:  44
Auburn Hills, MI

I just installed the newest version of Magento and am having problems getting images to show. With the prior version I had running the import worked fine, but with the new install none of my images are showing up.

Is it different for Magento 1.3.0? I had to create a new database when I upgraded so I’m wondering if my csv file needs to be updated or if images are supposed to be uploaded to a different directory.

Lil help anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

3sixtygroup

Total Posts:  44
Auburn Hills, MI

Is anyone else having this issue with 1.3.0? I hopped around the forums and tried everything I could find out there, but my images still aren’t showing. The csv file pulls all of the rest of the product information just fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

1.3 is good - just have images in /media/import and specify a forward slash before them in the import and all should work swimmingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianb421

Total Posts:  196

Check on these threads on the topic too:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/41000/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17657/

Magento Community
Magento Community

alivenk

Total Posts:  8

I added my pic . and can’t find the other image .

And “More Views” disappeared, let alone more pics.

I got around this by making a quick hack in in the Product.php file under app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter.
I changed this:
$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir(’media’) . DS . ‘import’ . $file, $fields);

to this:
$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir(’media’) . DS . ‘import’ . $file, $fields, false, false);

I’m trying to do so.

here is my product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidstrinity

Total Posts:  7

Thank you AnnaM! I was putting my images in the var/import folder. *sigh*

Also found that I needed to format the cells in my spreadsheet as text before I saved it as a csv.

I must have had some lingering formulas in the cells from concatenating SKUs together.

AnnaM - 26 April 2008 01:34 PM

Halleluia and pass the biscuits!  I finally found the post I needed that solved this images problem.  There is so much written about it you have to weed thru it. When I wrote the above post, that url had no images for the claybakers starting with model number 2, 209, 211 etc NOW they do.  Its so easy!  I had no idea but you are supposed ot put all images for proudcts tht you import via csv in one folder , this one. 

/var/www/domains/epicurecookware/htdocs/media/import

then in the spreadsheet put only the image name witha slash in front of it, in all 3 places

image small_image thumbnail
/109claybaker_01092_1500_1.jpg /109claybaker_01092_1500_1.jpg /109claybaker_01092_1500_1.jpg

I personally used the same image for all 3 things and find magento resizes them finem and I suspect it put that _1 after each one too.  These were simply duplicates of the 109, 111 etc so I think i still have a few things to learn yet, but the biggest key factor was making sure they are all put in /media/import.  This is the first I have been able to import, and have the products go to the proper frontend category AND display the image.  Now I will experiment from scratch with my own images created in PS and not ever imported into the product section in manage proudts like these were.

Magento Community
Magento Community

madlee

Total Posts:  7

Thanks AnnaM!

Just another Magento undocumented item!

Magento Community
Magento Community

janeyee

Total Posts:  4

Anna!

You save my life!!! Thanks a BUNCH!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MichaelRossi

Total Posts:  6

Listen all, I tried every one of these ‘fixes’ and none of them worked. I wasnt mass importing images, I was merely uploading one at a time through the images section from ‘Manage Products’

Here is what I did:

1. Tried every fix on this thread and others (non flash uploader, internet explorer as opposed to firefox, correct store view, jpg rather than .JPG, product.php edits and php.ini edits)

None worked.

2. I removed htaccess from the media folder, Job done.

I also, from habit, ensured I was in the correct store view and uploaded a .jpg rather than a JPG but the image appeared straight away.

I hate Magento.

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

This bug is really annoying.! Anna’s solution works and always remember the preceding backslash (/) before your image name in the import file will always save you loads! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community