Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Instalation: Error log record number: 1870822084

Devdecayeux

Total Posts:  4

Hello!
As expected since it’s my first post and this is the installation problems forum, I’m new to Magento, and I have, well, an installation problem.
This happens when I validate the configuration page; I get this error after a while. On the page itself, I got a (big) bunch of code listing arrays and so on,
including things such as
[message:protected] => Can’t retrieve entity config: sales/quote_shipping_rate
or
[xdebug_message] => ( ! ) Mage_Core_Exception: Can’t retrieve entity config: sales/quote_shipping_rate in C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php on line 594

Install is on WAMP with the zip file, I’ve done all the steps including editing the ini files. I got to admit I’m a bit stumped there.
Any idea?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Magento install error - Exception printing is disabled

Here is a known error which can occur when installing Magento:

There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here is the solution:

1-Navigate to the “errors” folder.
2-Change local.xml.sample to local.xml
3-You should now see a new list of crazy errors all over the Magento page - this is okay.
4-Open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php and look for:

protected $_options = array(
'cache_dir' => 'null',

5-Change it to:

protected $_options = array(
'cache_dir' => 'tmp/',

6-Save it.
7-Now the final step is to go create a tmp folder in the root Magento folder.
8-That’s it.

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devdecayeux

Thank you for your answer, and sorry for the lateness of mine, it’s been an hectic week.
I have tried what you proposed, unfortunately, it didn’t work.
Here are (imho) the most relevant errors I got:

Error in file: “C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\sql\sales_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.9.16-0.9.17.php” - Can’t retrieve entity config: sales/quote_shipping_rate

#0 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.9.16’, ‘1.6.0.8’)
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.9.16’, ‘1.6.0.8’)
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento\index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’

The pointers are somewhat clear, but I have little idea how to fix that…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devdecayeux

Ok, so I’ve noticed the link to the sample file when you follow the installation instructions isn’t updated, so I had an old file. Now I have sample-data.1.6.1.0
Still not working though., this time I get the following error:

Error in file: “C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Admin\sql\admin_setup\install-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘admin_assert’ already exists

Trace:
#0 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(421): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’install’, ‘’, ‘1.6.1.1’)
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(327): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb(’1.6.1.1’)
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento\index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

What the hell does that mean though? I’m told I must run the sql file, and so that sql file fills up the DB, and then the install, as far as I understand, complains that I’ve filled in the DB?
Anyway.
I tried doing this:

Just insert the following line after the line $installer->startSetup() in install-1.6.0.0.php file:

$installer->run(” DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {$this->getTable(’checkout/agreement’)};");

advised by another user, to no avail. I really would like to try Magento, but in this day and age, an install where you need to grab different files from different places, and make you have them work together, is a bit lazy… I’m kindda worried about the product itself now…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devdecayeux

Heh.
OUt of spite, I’ve dropped the database (thing I tried already a couple times last week) and ran the installation, disregarding the sql file.
Well, it worked. I had to reindex some stuff in the back office, but beyond that, it seems to be fine.
Can this topic be closed? Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community