Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi Currency. 

joomlavue

Total Posts:  26
Singapore

I see that it is currently not possible to setup a shop with multi-currency functionality out of single store. Even though there are multiple stores capability Magento posses, it would be rather overkill to set up extra stores just to accommodate the multi-currency issue. So perhaps with this consideration in mind, this feature request aim to help those who sell products that spans internationally over several countries with respective currencies.

I am voicing out my opinion in hope that the feature will be implemented soon, so a couple of possible ways of doing this would be:
1. Extend the product price to have a rate of currency so that each of the rate will be used against the multiplication of the currency value. Like let’s say I am owning a store which sells products in 2 currencies, US Dollar and Euro respectively. So setting up a US Dollar as base currency with rate 1 and another Euro currency with rate 0.8, so that when customer changes the currency from the site, the multiplication works internally by multiplying the base currency value with the selected rate. Of course, this implementation isn’t necessarily the best with which a currency value fluctuates almost instantly so updating the rate might be tedious if you’re having a number of currencies for your store.

2. Extend the product price to use a third party currency conversion. Again this might automate a bit of work by store webmaster but it could be pretty much difficult to implement.

Perhaps, my opinion isn’t that ideal but at least the options are there which might ignite improvement from the community.

Cheers,

Ed

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Ed,

Not sure if I understand you correctly .... but multi-currency can be implemented for a single store ...checkout Admin->Configuration ...and know what you can even import rates from a webservice ...al this is provided out of the box in magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

joomlavue

Total Posts:  26
Singapore

Ahh, you read it right.

I didn’t actually see that option, hm. Thanks for pointing it out. After I read your reply, I managed to find the screencast for that: http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/currency/view

Thanks srinigenie!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community