Magento Forum

Category price rule stops automatically after 1-2days? 

none

Total Posts:  8

Hi

I setup a category price rule for a specified category. The end date is 1/1/2009. After i applied the rule, it displayed correctly but the rule will be automatically stopped after 1-2 days. I have tested different end date but the problems still happen. Please anyone help me to solve out this problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Emily

Total Posts:  22
Atlanta

I’m having the same problem.  If I go in and edit a product’s details, then the rule will be re-applied to that product (but that product only).  Otherwise the catalog rules don’t apply. 

From poking around the database, it looks like catalog price rules are generated and stored in catalogrule_product_price.  When I update a product (and so the rule gets applied), it adds two new entries to this table - one with a rule_date of today, and one with rule_date of tomorrow.  Hence the rule only last for two days.  Obviously the table can’t be filled with a price rule for every product for every day from now til the rule expires - is there a cron job that needs to be running nightly to update this table?  Or is there a way to make product rules check the earliest_end_date column instead of rule_date?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Emily

Total Posts:  22
Atlanta

See http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1203/ for info on modify the backend to make the rules last a month, at least - still need a cron job or something so you don’t have to go in and hit ‘apply rules’ every month.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community