Total Posts: 1
After 3 Days of trying hard, the Product Import finally worked and I just want to share my solution.
The scenario was as follows:
Exporting 330 Simple and 50 Configurable Products from a Magento 184.108.40.206 Installation to a Fresh 220.127.116.11 Install (because both magento connect and pear upgrade attempts failed).
The way it finally worked:
1. Based on the wiki (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/import_export/how_to_automatically_import_simple_grouped_and_configurable_products)
I exported one simple.csv containing the simple products and one configurable.csv containing the Configurable Products.
2. I used following scheme (for the headers) to create a new and empty complete.csv (using openoffice):
3. Then I started combining the simple.csv and configurable.csv into simple.csv by copy/pasting the matching column contents. This is the vital point - all my former attempts failed due to faulty csv struckture/contents. To make it clearly arranged I sorted both csv’s rows by “sku”. I also made sure that all simple product rows have to be listed first, followed by all configurable products rows.
Note that in my case the following columns had to be filled only for the Configurable Products and not for the simple products: config_attributes,image,small_image,thumbnail,colour,associated
4. I had to insert the Categories for the Products in the “categories” column in the following format: /Shop/Scarfs,/Shop/Scarfs/Silk (Where “Shop” is one level below my root category) This will categorize the Item under following categories: Shop/Scarfs and Shop/Scarfs/Silk
5. After that I manually entered the Product associations for the configurable products into the “associated” column, as in my case they were not exported by Magento 18.104.22.168. This was he most time consuming part. I selected the Configurable products’ “sku” value and searched for it in the whol csv, copied the matching “sku” rows and pasted them into the “asscoiated” column, separated by comma.
6. Then I created an import profile under System/Import/Export/Advanced Profiles using the attached Productimport.php and the xml available in the wiki mentioned above.
7. Then I ran the profile and voila: all products imported properly.
Maybe there are easier ways to achieve this, but this may be helpful for everyone, who was a bit lazy and did’nt do updates for about a year like me