Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configuration parsing problem? 

Ree

Total Posts:  30

Hello,

I see the following error when loading any page of Magento 0.6.12510:

<b>Warning:</strong> <i>simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]Entityline 274parser error Specification mandate value for attribute base</iin <strong>/home/inter/projects/magento/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php</strongon line <b>212</b><br>[0] in <strong>simplexml_load_string</b>("<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**"
"Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element"in <b>/home/inter/projects/magento/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php</bon line <b>212</b><br>[1] in <strong>Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadCache</b>() in <b>/home/inter/projects/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php</bon line <b>127</b><br>[2] in <strong>Mage_Core_Model_Config->init</b>(NULLin <b>/home/inter/projects/magento/app/Mage.php</bon line <b>328</b><br>[3] in <strong>Mage::init</b>(NULLin <b>/home/inter/projects/magento/app/Mage.php</bon line <b>349</b><br>[4] in <strong>Mage::run</b>("base"in <b>/home/inter/projects/magento/index.php</bon line <b>27</b><br>

The software was running fine after I had installed it. The problem occured after a store group was added and then modified (at least that’s what the user who triggered the error tells me).

Any ideas why this is happening?

I’m running CentOS 4.5.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

does it help to delete all files from var/cache/config/ ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ree

This did help, but only for the first page load. After that the same problem persists. Looks like a clear configuration cache problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ree

It seems that the problem happens when a Website/Store Code contains spaces. You should add validation to inform the user about the field requirements.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community