Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

possible fix: Fatal error: Call to a member function addLink() on a non-object in ……/Checkout/Block/Links.php on line 42

invertedonion

Total Posts:  1

I got this error whilst trying to get my head around the templating system.  I’ve no idea what caused it but I’ve got a quickfix/hack for those who need to get mage back up:

Just put a simple

if ($this->getParentBlock())

around the calls to getParentBlock (line 42 and 49 i think) in app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Links.php

after that, you may get a similar error from app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Links.php.  Just do the same around the getParentBlock call

I hope this helps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bnwla

Total Posts:  6

Hello,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I’m having the exact same issue. The hack makes the error go away, but it’s not really a solution since the changes in templates still don’t show up after the hack is applied. I think it’s something in layout xml file, but I just can’t figure out what it is and can’t find any solution in the forum either.

I followed a direction in wiki page below to change my template:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to_customize_frontend_template_f.e._review.phtml_of_onepage_checkout

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community