Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

un-layered navigation

emagine

Total Posts:  36

I have a site in development and although I like the layered navigation, the client would like a more simpler version of the same.

Basically when a parent category is clicked, the child categories should be listed in the layered navigation spot.

The problem is when the category name is clicked, it should go to this category page directly, without any ‘filter’ at all.

Also, is it possible to get the category clicked (the parent) to show up in place of ‘shop by’?

Then finally, can this navigation stay, even when the sub-categories are clicked?

I have attached two images of what I mean, one is the original filtered nav, the second is the new one with the title of what I am looking for.

Any php gurus out there who might have a quick fix or a point in the right direction would be great. I saw the layered navigation thread, but it needs to be a bit more ‘dumbed-down’

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

First thing to do is to ensure that all categories have “Is Anchor” set to no - this should stop the layered navigation showing up and instead will show sub-categories (if any).

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Total Posts:  36

I changed all categories to ‘no’ for is Anchor and the links I am getting down the side are listing like this:

/catalog/category/view/cat/66/id/13/

which is the layered navigation I think?

Is there anything else I need to turn off or switch over that you know of?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community